Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai & Patience

+2
DougB
penz
6 posters

Go down

Bonsai & Patience Empty Bonsai & Patience

Post  penz Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:00 am

Hi.

I've seen people on this forum asking: Which is the tree that would grow faster as a bonsai and the one true answer is: Bonsai is an art of patience so you shouln't look for the one that grows faster but for the tree specie you feel must passionate about.

A few months ago I wrotte an article on the subject which you can read on the link below. Please let me know what do you think.

Bonsai & Patience

penz
penz

Back to top Go down

Bonsai & Patience Empty Re: Bonsai & Patience

Post  DougB Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Yup Penz that is right on. First we must find patience and then learn how to not just keep our trees alive, but to have them thrive. Well written, but please check your typos. For some it blocks the message. Thanks for sharing.
DougB
DougB

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:42 pm

please check your typos.

Yes! There are quite a few of them. When you write something it is always best to set it aside then re-read/rewrite before posting or publishing. And ALWAYS have you spell checker working; it can catch many (but not all) typos.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:02 pm

another answer is...

THE SPEKBOOM !
(especially nice for some-one like myself, getting into it a bit later in life)
and it's easy to be passionate about a tree that responds quickly and relatively predictably  Wink 

now, having said that, i also enjoy the slow development of my many other trees and and find it to be a fascinating and relaxing process...
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

"Patience, is for doing things that you do not enjoy doing"

- as in cleaning the toiletbowl.

The real problem - what else to do with yourself as your tree grows -> go out and talk to friends, hike, read, swim, boat, get some design classes and so on .............
Laters.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 am

Very true, thanks for sharing here.

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:
The real problem - what else to do with yourself as your tree grows ->

Get more trees Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:15 am

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:what else to do with yourself as your tree grows -> go out and talk to friends, hike, read, swim, boat, get some design classes and so on .............
Laters.
Khaimraj

YesYesYes... not only to think outside the pot,
but also to LIVE outside the pot...

i like to think that to become a complete person (whether now, in this life, or later)
we must be and do many things before we can pass on to what is next...

or i could be full of crap  Suspect pig Embarassed

flower
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:51 am

The Chinese say, a man must be over 50 years of age before he has anything of value to share.

Experience.

8-10 years to master anything that you practice daily, longer if only with half an eye.

Bonsai is a great hobby, and if I might plug - from seed - it is a very dfferent experience to what we call - Buy Bonsai -
where one just dresses a shape [ the same for Collected stuff Twisted Evil ]
If you are any where under 85 years, you can always grow a J.B.pine from seed [ see Bonsai Today articles ] 3" trunk in 5 years and 5 more years work on the branchlets,

Hello Matt!!
Later, busy building.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Three things:

Penz, your article resonated with me. Thank you.

Reflecting on this article, I began to realize that patience with my plants is no longer something I work at. Bonsai and Pen Jing are my way of lane-changing to the right and downshifting. I look forward to leaving the frenetic pace behind and entering the world of trees.

Again reflecting, I have done with Bonsai what I counsel my teenagers to do in terms of career path- choose what you're passionate about. As a child I was mesmerized by Jade plants, and by the Umbrella Thorn Acacia. Had'nt really thought about it before, but I guess that's why I started a Jade forest, and am training a Brazilian Rain Tree in the style of that Acacia. It is easiest to get 'lost' in those two(although the whispering of junipers have been getting stronger of late).
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down