Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are juniper berries a sign of stress?

2 posters

Go down

Are juniper berries a sign of stress? Empty Are juniper berries a sign of stress?

Post  daudelus Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:09 pm

I collected a Chinese juniper about 4 years ago... I let it sit for 3 years then this spring decided to get it out of the turface it was in ( trying to rid all my trees of it) and replace it with pumice. The repot was only minimal in root reduction and it had only a minute amount of browning on an interior branch... I noticed berries forming for the first time, so I wondered if anyone thought they would be a sign if health or of stress (push to reproduce before dying). It doesn't look stressed in any way, but I'm horticulturally curious. Any thoughts?

Last edited by daudelus on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
daudelus
daudelus

Back to top Go down

Are juniper berries a sign of stress? Empty Re: Are juniper berries a sign of stress?

Post  JimLewis Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 pm

I suspect it was just its time to make berries.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Are juniper berries a sign of stress? Empty Re: Are juniper berries a sign of stress?

Post  daudelus Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:51 pm

So, it's a sign of maturity more than anything else?
daudelus
daudelus

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Well, it's a sign of reproductive maturity, but you know those teenagers . . .
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down