Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRUNK CHOP EXTREEM

+6
Judgie
FrankP999
appalachianOwl
leatherback
Kev Bailey
Dave Leppo
10 posters

Go down

TRUNK CHOP EXTREEM Empty TRUNK CHOP EXTREEM

Post  Dave Leppo Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:47 pm

saw this on npr

Dave Leppo

Back to top Go down

TRUNK CHOP EXTREEM Empty Re: TRUNK CHOP EXTREEM

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Just plain wrong. A lazy mans way to get rid of unwanted trees. It should have been turned into lumber or at least paper, so that it fulfilled a purpose or two before liberating its carbon once more.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:so that it fulfilled a purpose or two before liberating its carbon once more.  
Fungi, insects, compost, moisture regulation.. Also when mankind does not use natural resources, they are put to a good use  Laughing 
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:24 pm

OK, thanks Leatherback, I'll agree all of those beneficial uses, but demolishing trees so heartlessly, in an age when we need to trap carbon, cannot be right!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  appalachianOwl Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:37 am

That was terrifying!
appalachianOwl
appalachianOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  FrankP999 Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:39 am

Does this tool come in stainless steel?

FrankP999

Back to top Go down

Post  Judgie Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:10 am

I got to get me one of those.
Judgie
Judgie

Back to top Go down

Post  rck89 Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:27 am

Never seen anything like this!
rck89
rck89

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 am

We have those where I work. We call the big one like in the video Brontosaurus because of all the vegetables it eats. I work doing utility line clearance.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:36 pm

leatherback wrote:
Kev Bailey wrote:so that it fulfilled a purpose or two before liberating its carbon once more.  
Fungi, insects, compost, moisture regulation.. Also when mankind does not use natural resources, they are put to a good use  :lol: 

All of those activities release carbon dioxide. I wonder how much benefit anyone will get from the decomposition. I'd guess the land was later cleared to the subsoil and something impermeable was built over it.

But my goodness wouldn't running one of those destructive machines give one a sense of power!

I wonder where that was filmed. There were palm trees in thr background of one segment and snow on the ground in another.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:31 pm

After so long in any piece of heavy equipment it goes boring. But at first they do give you a thrill. We just grind up the trees and that's it. Move onto the next one. They then come through and spray selective herbicide to.kill any tree regrowth after the mower( that's what these things are called in general) comes through. You would be shocked at the logs that are left on right of ways.II've personally cut down White pines over 3 feet in diameter and they just leave them lay.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoo Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:OK, thanks Leatherback, I'll agree all of those beneficial uses, but demolishing trees so heartlessly, in an age when we need to trap carbon, cannot be right!  

I know what you're saying but most trees don't remove any more carbon dioxide than they release when burnt or are fully decomposed, either way most carbon they temporarily store is released back. Until we stop tapping into fossil fuel deposits and re-releasing massive amounts of once stored carbon into our atmosphere, we haven't got a prayer (not that that would help either) for maintaining atmospheric status quo... and I wouldn't go holding your breathe for that to happen... or maybe I would Wink
Hoo
Hoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down