Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Geoline !

4 posters

Go down

Hey Geoline ! Empty Hey Geoline !

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:09 pm

i dragged this into the lounge so as to not hijack the ficus thread...

Geoline wrote:Am a little foggy head today, but listening to some heavy metal to and drinking some kona coffee to defog.

I had a somewhat hilarious arid rainforest murder scene of the more voracious figs invading the territory of the more pampered figs and strangling them.

now THAT is a nice turn of phrase !!!
and one helluva visual  affraid 

and i gotta ask what metal you listen to for de-fogging...
i grew up with punk rock (and sang in a band from 81'-88') but i am no stranger to metal
though now that i'm in my 50s my volume tolerance is diminished  Wink 
and my musical tastes are evolving to encompass music from all over the world...

i feel that music is among the most universally important things in the world !!!

i was thinking about starting a thread here in the lounge asking what folks are listening to from around the bonsai globe...

Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Hey Geoline ! Empty Re: Hey Geoline !

Post  fiona Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Already done a couple of years ago. Maybe the new folk could add to it.

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t2194-music-and-bonsai?highlight=music
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleJoe Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:20 pm

There is nothing that can change your mood faster then music.
LittleJoe
LittleJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:28 pm

amen lil joe...

and thanx for the link fiona...

i wont start a new thread then, but i will peruse that one before adding to it...
looks like a bunch of pages.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Geoline Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:23 am

I'm sorry for my boldness in posting prismatic answers on a forum I haven't visited in some years. I have made so many dear friends on this forum over the years, that everyone is family here for me. I'll post an introduction later in the appropriate section and add to the music section when I am feeling better.

I am planning on sharing pictorial instructions here on how I incorporate products from other traditional Asian crafts into bonsai and suiseki displays. For instance, I did not know there would be any interest in Paperclay, a washi+volcanic ash product used to make kabuki masks and some gofun and ichimatsu ningyo dolls in Japan. Once air dried, this product can be sculpted and cured with a modern product to make daiza for suiseki, mudmen, and even mame pots. I have a stone that was gifted to me by Marco Favero and the Italian Suseki Association about 18 years ago which I will use ningyo material to craft a daiza for. Aside from very old Pacific Rim traditions, there is the weird science stuff in modern horticulture that can be used in bonsai cultivation. Then there are the adventures in bargain specimen hunting. You can all blame my grandparents for that habit as they loved hitting the markets early to barter and get the best bargains.

Warmest aloha,
Geoline
Geoline
Geoline

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:15 am

Mahalo, G...

although i'm not much of one for the far east aesthetic,
i have begun to look forward to your missives, as you always have something truly interesting.

hoping you are feeling better sooner than later.

kevin
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum