Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about a Zelkova Serrata - Beginner 2nd Year

2 posters

Go down

Questions about a Zelkova Serrata - Beginner 2nd Year Empty Questions about a Zelkova Serrata - Beginner 2nd Year

Post  sparke2 Thu May 15, 2014 12:54 am

I purchased a Zelkova Serrata in the Spring of 2013 and re-potted it this spring. All but 5 of the buds have yet to pop on it and it is the middle of May. I live in Alabama and everything else is green. I don't believe it is dead because it does have 5 leaves on it and I have removed a few buds in other locations on the tree and while they haven't popped yet, they are green underneath them and inside them. Is there any reason why the tree hasn't leafed out yet? Do I just need to be patient and it will eventually turn green sometime this summer? Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

sparke2

Back to top Go down

Questions about a Zelkova Serrata - Beginner 2nd Year Empty Re: Questions about a Zelkova Serrata - Beginner 2nd Year

Post  JimLewis Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Where are you keeping the tree? Trees are sometimes a bit slow responding in a repotting year. How many roots did you remove? Loss of a significant (more than 30%) number of the roots will also slow down growth. Have you fertilized?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down