Mallsai Ficus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mallsai Ficus

Post  chadley999 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:26 am

I bought this tree about a week ago, I think its a Retusa. As soon as i brought it home i removed the rocks glued to the soil surface and re-potted it out of the heavy potting soil. Since i have transplanted it, it's only lost a few leaves. I also noticed that there was very few roots. Anyone got any pointers on after care? Should i put it under my light, or on the heat pad, or in a humidity dome, or all three? I've read they are very resilient, and i'm hoping it will bounce back in the next few months and put on some new foliage.

chadley999

Back to top Go down

Re: Mallsai Ficus

Post  JimLewis on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Should i put it under my light, or on the heat pad, or in a humidity dome, or all three?

Yes, yes and yes.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  chadley999 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Hahaha okay, thanks Jim. Should i let the soil go a bit dry between waterings?

chadley999

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:52 pm

And yes.

I can't think of a fig that like wet feet.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum