Naked Trees Walking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Naked Trees Walking

Post  Rob Kempinski on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:23 am

I decided to try defoliating a couple of three .

For the bougy, I did not get a good flower crop (actually no flowers) so I removed all leaves and will see what happens.
I used to wire bougy branches now rely on clip and grow.
This is a purple bract variety. The orange colored hole is the result of a recent treatment with Elmers wood hardener. I will color the wood after the hardener has had several weeks to dry.

The next tree is a large Willow Leaf Ficus that can't seem to shake some fungus on the left hand apex. So defoliation followed by fungicide hopefully will help it out. I will keep my eyes open for one of those cool glaze Taiwanese ficus pots on my upcoming trip to Taiwan. The current pot is 23 inches across but only a couple deep. I feel it needs a deeper pot.

Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Re: Naked Trees Walking

Post  leonardo on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:17 pm

Try Koicide fungicide (copper) plus it will give you a cool blue glaze on the pot.... Have fun in Taiwan! Arrow
ciao....Leonardo

leonardo

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:40 pm

"Elmer's" wood hardener? Is that about the same as the Minwax stuff?

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  elroy on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:46 pm

I purchased this in Canada, since I could not find Minwax in my local hardware stores. It looked to me like diluted Elmers glue and seemed only to leave a protective skin, it did not soak in. It did not work well.

Elroy

JimLewis wrote:"Elmer's" wood hardener? Is that about the same as the Minwax stuff?

elroy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustin Mann on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:01 am

Hi Rob: have a blast @Asia-Pacif. convention. What about Ron Lang "Seafoam Green" or "Frog" about 4-5" deep by about 28" long for Ficus Salicar.? I would emphasize twin trunk aspect of tree by eliminating left aerial(sort of looks like chopstick) as well as one between 2 trunks(which as sexual conotation to me) Just my opinion-don't get insulted. Tree has similar design to I.C.Su twin microcarpa(in blue-green rectangle) Dustin

Dustin Mann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum