VIDEO: Big root over rock hornbeam

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VIDEO: Big root over rock hornbeam

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 am

More videos about this tree, history and collecting here, just follow the links: http://sandevbonsai.blogspot.com/2013/02/video-100kg-carpinus-winter-session.html

Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Re: VIDEO: Big root over rock hornbeam

Post  Dreamcast on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 am

Very nice tree! guess many people is needed to move it, must weigh a ton!

Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  giga on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:59 pm

My favorite bonsai of all time,been following it on your youtube channel for a while. Love the spooky feel it has, like it belongs on a haunted hill or something.

giga

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Dreamcast wrote:Very nice tree! guess many people is needed to move it, must weigh a ton!
This is a six hand tree. Means...two people can carry it with difficulty, but three can handle it nice Smile
Thanks for kind words Smile

Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20 pm

giga wrote:My favorite bonsai of all time,been following it on your youtube channel for a while. Love the spooky feel it has, like it belongs on a haunted hill or something.
That's exactly how I feel for this tree. Yeesss....spoooky Smile

Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:24 pm

giga wrote:My favorite bonsai of all time,been following it on your youtube channel for a while. Love the spooky feel it has, like it belongs on a haunted hill or something.
Have you seen how it was collected?
That was also spoooky experience Smile

Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  adam1234 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi,

I think if you remove the white stone by chipping at it you will make for an even more interesting tree with a wonderful base. If not, then I would try and get the colour of the stone to turn by growing organisms on it like lichens and the sort. I would even go further to accentuate the feel of the tree by creating more hollows and the sort and I would place the branches I wire not too regular but with extreme turns and bends. This is only a personal opinion.

Cheers,
Adam

adam1234

Back to top Go down

Post  juniper07 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:34 pm

I would not remove the stone at all. Not only is the base going to look unnatural (and weaker with the hollow) without the rock, the rock itself adds the feeling of ruggedness and struggle to the whole composition.

Maybe the color of the rock can be played around with, but you may not want to do that either if you cannot get a 'natural looking' tone on the color. Otherwise, at this stage I think the ramification on the branches need to be worked on. Maybe by next winter this tree will be more of a stunner with finer branch tips.

Amazing tree by the way, and in good hands.

juniper07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Hey guys...with all respect...I would not even consider to...not remove..but to touch the stone. That would be completely wrong.
This is a natural...authentic yamadori. You cannot make it better than it already is!
The colour of the stone is perfect. That is the colour of rocks in area in which those trees live..so the colour is as it should be.
Thanks for the kind words regarding the tree Smile

Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  giga on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Sebastijan Sandev wrote:Hey guys...with all respect...I would not even consider to...not remove..but to touch the stone. That would be completely wrong.
This is a natural...authentic yamadori. You cannot make it better than it already is!
The colour of the stone is perfect. That is the colour of rocks in area in which those trees live..so the colour is as it should be.
Thanks for the kind words regarding the tree Smile

I agree the tree is perfect how it is, and yeah your videos are great, makes me wish there were cool places to collect in my area. Keep on keeping on! Cool 

giga

Back to top Go down

Post  appalachianOwl on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Knarly! really enjoy how the rock is busting up. thanks for sharing.

appalachianOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:42 pm

I agree DO NOT REMOVE THE STONEs. The stones are part of the story. The tree has come a long way. Ramification is getting better now. Cheers.

cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastijan Sandev on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:41 pm

Walter Pall ....about this tree and about the stone

Sebastijan Sandev

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamJonas on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:02 am

It'a an impressive tree Sebastijan! stones are cool.

AdamJonas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum