Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk?

+3
jsonacob
lennard
Dreamcast
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk?

Post  Neli Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:58 pm

It is getting better and better.
Neli
Neli

Back to top Go down

Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk?

Post  Dreamcast Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am

Thanks, Neli Smile

Will let it grow wild for a while now then cut it back hard, then after repot to a lower training container the trees foundation will really start to show i think.
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:36 pm

When re-potting i was not satisfied with the lower trunk and nebari, so i sawed it of and re-rooted the upper part just like a cutting, it has responded well and is now growing strong, it will now be let to grow in this pot for a couple of years while i continue to work more on the branches.
Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk? - Page 2 20150610
I may have to graft on some branches if new growth don't show where i want it by next defoliation, also have this huge scar to deal with.
Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk? - Page 2 20150611

Here is the upper part i sawed of before, it has grown well but it had some large scars that had rotten deep, since it was not that great to begin with i decided to experiment on this one, carved it out and will now try and create the image of a old tree with a rotten trunk.
Biggest problem will off course be to preserve the wood.. will see how this goes.
Ficus Microcarpa with huge uros and hollow trunk? - Page 2 20150612
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2