Autumn colour, Fall color

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Autumn colour, Fall color

Post  Kev Bailey on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:11 am

The onion confused me too but was afraid to ask. Delightful explanation, thanks Fiona.

On cones, I think it is more to do with stress. I still get some on very mature and very short trimmed, well ramified branches. I notice that this is often in response to recent collection, a particularly hot summer or me neglecting to water to the point of wilting. Sometimes, with far too many trees,this can happen. Embarassed

Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gordonb on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:25 am

fiona wrote:So there you are - a typical lazy (i.e. long-winded) Sunday way of telling you that an ingin is of course an onion.

Of course it is, I knew that - my brain was too tired from being on-call too long over the weekend!
My mother is frae Findochty [ Finnechty], so Scots isn't quite foreign, but ....

gordonb

Back to top Go down

Post  Roger Snipes on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:19 am

Back to trees. As I mentioned, not much fall color around here, but this is a Corkbark Chinese Elm that has finally produced a little color.

Roger Snipes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum