Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look

4 posters

Go down

Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look Empty Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look

Post  JimLewis Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Buxus:
Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look Late_010

Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look Late_011

Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look Late_012
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look Empty Re: Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look

Post  tiennavi Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:51 am

woa! I like the first one best!
thanks for sharing!
tiennavi
tiennavi

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look Empty Re: Sometimes I prefer different images to get a good look

Post  JimLewis Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:23 am

Well, it's all the exact same picture.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  DougB Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Interesting use of "selective darkroom" techniques. At least that is what it would have been a few years ago. Many have explored using multiple prints, but with differing colors and shades. Never thought of using the technique for bonsai. Seems to me could be very useful for visualizing structure, ramification, overall shape. etc. Thanks and keep us up to date on how you use this. PS what photo software are you using?
DougB
DougB

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard S Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Well I prefer the last (colour) photo but that's mostly because you've photo shopped the crown of the tree into a nicer shape Wink 

The first (black & white) image is nice too but I find the contrast too high in the second shot.

Generally I like black & white photography. It can really draw attention to form and texture and in a landscape context trees can look particularly stunning. I love Ansel Adams Jeffrey Pine, (Sentinel Dome) for example.

http://shop.anseladams.com/Jeffrey_Pine_Sentinel_Dome_p/5010114-u.htm

You don't see many black & white bonsai photos which is a shame. Winter images of deciduous trees really look good.

Regards

Richard
Richard S
Richard S

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Thanx all.  

PS what photo software are you using?

I use something called Photofiltre.  There's a Free version. Fairly powerful -- far more so than I am using it. Also a more powerful pay program. French or English on the website.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down