Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot

4 posters

Go down

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Empty A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot

Post  twyama3388 Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:11 am

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot

The following photo is an old flowerpot, in fact it is a new cement pot.

It is out of my DIY from design recent  , production of cardboard mold, modulation cement mortar, irrigation mud, dried, form removal, renovate, sculpture and paintings, it took me one day.

Because it is the first time I doing such a thing, no experience, work appears to have shortcomings, but I think in hindsight, not the original idea was to DIY a my antique pots bite you? Then some flaws, but has become a basin on this port the new one "old pots" have weathered many storms, through the traces of long years of it? Haha!

But where is potted plants ? These ports should be to match the old flowerpot vigorous pine or cypress it!

But when it comes to vigorous strain of pine, not to mention three to five years, ten years is not necessarily my kind of get out. Should be enough to buy hundreds of dollars from the above, it is too expensive.

So I would like to borrow, then I borrowed one from the network ,  and the computer put it into this kind of pots, to see the effect ......

I should have said: a good tree planted decades, hundreds of years of education takes good talent, but I will be able to create one of my pots in a day ...... Oh ~

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-110

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-210

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-310

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-410

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-510

Last edited by twyama3388 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 5 times in total

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Empty Re: A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:04 am

Very nicely done!
Thanks for showing,
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Empty Re: A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Great project; nice job doing it.
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  twyama3388 Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 pm

The second DIY cement pot.

Plant : Fujian tea (a Chinese tea tree).

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-610

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-710

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-810

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-910

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Cpb-1012

Last edited by twyama3388 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Good Ideas,

very convenient, no kiln heat,

How does one cast concrete in winter and frost areas?
Perhaps cold weather growers can check out that technology?

With colour and vibration for smooth finishes, the concrete looks as good as pottery.

I just transplanted one of my J.B.pines into a cured concrete pot, will be asking for advice on root pruning at a later date for other J.B.pines.

Thanks again for posting.
Khaimraj

Last edited by Khaimraj Seepersad on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added on more questions)
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  twyama3388 Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks for your response.

I think concrete pot is easier than DIY ceramic one, because concrete kiln is not required, as the cold weather will be solidified in 1 to 2 days, but it's heavier.

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Post  twyama3388 Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:59 am

The 3rd DIY a  pot with color paintings.

Plant : Bougainvillea.

Modeling the concrete pot.
A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Diy_pp10

Chinese painting depicted the four faces of the pot.

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Diy_pp11

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Diy_pp12

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Diy_pp13

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Diy_pp14

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Diy_pp15

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:16 pm

twyama3388,

Very pretty, the bougainvillea counters all that floral decoration very nicely.
Thanks for all the technical information.
Hopefully, others will follow suit.

I have found that my J.B.pines improve in health in concrete and porous earthenware pots/
Laters.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  twyama3388 Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:twyama3388,

Very pretty, the bougainvillea counters all that floral decoration very nicely.
Thanks for all the technical information.
Hopefully, others will follow suit.

I have found that my J.B.pines improve in health in concrete and porous earthenware pots/
Laters.
Khaimraj

Have You also DIY concrete flower pots for your plants ?

If you have, Can you show potted friend some photos of your pretty bonsai ?

Thanks very mich.

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Post  amanluthra688 Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi
Great projects.
The end result is plain and smooth. This effect ia not there in paper pots which i make.
Could u pls explain in detail the DIY cement project or any link
Thannks
amanluthra688
amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:46 pm

twyama3388,

my cement pots are just practical pots, nothing as elegant as you are making.
I would be embarrassed to show.

Aman,

does it get too cold in your area to use a simple mix of sand, builder's gravel, cement, cement colour and polyfibers,mixed stiffly like the papercrete?
Should be stronger and finer in the finish.
Until.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  amanluthra688 Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Thanks kaimraj
I was thinking is it normal cement or some quality cement. As the tread suggest DIY.
And about the temperature winters are cold as are in tropics. But night temp. Is not less than 4'C and days are warm say 15 c
amanluthra688
amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Aman,

if you have no frost, you should be safe with normal concrete mixes.

Grey cement for medium to dark colours and white cement for lighter colours. Saves on how much colour mixing you have to do.
Just ordinary cement, nothing special. However as was explained to me by the guys at our cement factory [ T.C.L ] the sand is to help tighten the concrete body to the point where it is waterproof, becasue of how the particle sizes interact to give a dense mix.

I used the concrete mix with sand to produce my roof, with house at Mayaro, rain is unable to penetrate the cast floor that also acts as my roof.
Hope that helps.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Hee hee, Aman,

when the temperature goes past 12.77 deg.C [ 55 deg.F ] at night, you are no longer in the Tropics.
Looks like you are in the warm Sub-Tropics - chuckle.
Laters.
Khaimraj

*At 2 deg.C [35.6 deg.F ] in the soil, roots are supposed to hibernate.
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  twyama3388 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:44 am

amanluthra688 wrote:Hi
Great projects.
The end result is plain and smooth. This effect ia not there in paper pots which i make.
Could u pls explain in detail the DIY cement project or any link
Thannks

General concrete's particles is too rough ,So I using the special bonding wall tiles concrete to make pots, its viscosity better and finer particles,
And it is also available in many colors, such as ~ ivory, white, brown, yellow, gray, black, and so on ......

For your reference.

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Yes, twyama3388,

but if that is -tile set- it also has a % of glue, and I am not sure how that decays, and may harm the roots of the tree.

The pebbles the Chinese sell for aquariums, are also acrylic coated, but will not harm fish, so it is safe to be used as a soil ingredient.

Plus the mix I gave Aman, [ when done properly ], will when I got it out a plastic bowl mould, retain the gloss of the plastic.
It did disappear after the 4 weeks of soaking to cure / remove free alkalines from the cast pot, but the sides of the concrete pot remained uniformly matte. It is attractive enough for my use as a training pot.
Laters.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  twyama3388 Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:Yes, twyama3388,

but if that is -tile set- it also has a % of glue, and I am not sure how that decays, and may harm the roots of the tree.

The pebbles the Chinese sell for aquariums, are also acrylic coated, but will not harm fish, so it is safe to be used as a soil ingredient.

Plus the mix I gave Aman, [ when done properly ], will when I got it out a plastic bowl mould, retain the gloss of the plastic.
It did disappear after the 4 weeks of soaking to cure / remove free alkalines from the cast pot, but the sides of the concrete pot remained uniformly matte. It is attractive enough for my use as a training pot.
Laters.
Khaimraj

This ratio (cement + sand + glue) of concrete is a professional knowledge of plasterers.

In fact, I do not know too. But in our area,Any DIY worker who don't worry about this matter .
Because we can buy a good mixed concrete (see attached pic) for wall wall tile adhesive in our county.
According to the instructions, To add some water in such mixed concrete ,Then We can using it.

But because the cement is heavy alkaline, so the new concrete pots made ​​to be soaked in water for a few days for eliminating it alkaline, so as not to hinder the growth of potted plants.

A pine bonsai with a DIY cement pot Tile_a10

twyama3388

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down