Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ?

4 posters

Go down

Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ? Empty Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ?

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Well today was Christmas !!

For over a year I have been watching a Ficus p. growing on the top of a be-headed 12' coconut tree.
It was in an abandoned, but maintained yard, abandoned in the sense that the owner has been away for several years and legend is he actually lives next door, just didn't want anyone living next to him.

Anyhow this tree is [ was, it fell last night , rains ] about 7 feet into the property, and I kept passing and waiting for it to fall. The lean was towards the fence and public drain.

Found the Ficus in the drain,

It is approximately, 4 feet [ 122 cm ] tall with a 2" trunk and roots that were over 12' [ >4m ] long and had reached the ground.
Hope to take it to 3" [ say 8 cm ] this year and make some sort of interesting double trunk.
Later.
Happy Happy!!
Merry Christmas / Happy Solistice and Happy New Year.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ? Empty What it Takes to put 2" on a Ficus Trunk

Post  bonsaisr Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:22 am

You have to plant it on top of a coconut tree?  scratch 
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ? Empty Re: Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ?

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:53 am

Well Ms. Iris,

Ficus p. is considered tasty as seeds go by birds and lizards, and was it not fortuitous, that one of them left a deposit on the top of a dead coconut tree.
Even, more fortunate, the coconut tree could function as a ruler, wouldn't you say?

Apologies for not replying on the other topic in the Lounge. I am teachning my nephew to draw and paint well, as in drawing as exactly to what he sees in nature/reality. It's a seven year training course normally, and he wants to be either an Architect or Car designer. He also likes Bonsai.
Should make for an interesting life.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ? Empty Re: Ever wonder what it takes to put 2" [ 5cm ] on a Ficus trunk ?

Post  john jones Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 pm

I makes perfect sense when you explain it like that.

Smile 

john jones

Back to top Go down

Post  brett2013 Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:36 am

Patience is a virtue, indeed ... especially with bonsai. Unfortunately, I don't have much of it  Embarassed 

brett2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:39 am

I had a thought.

if the trunk of the tree, equalled 7.5 x 7.5 x 144" [ around 19 x 19 x 366 cm ] or a box of 20.1 x 20.1 x 20.1" [ say 51.3 x 51.3 x 51.3 cm ]

Would this more or less give the trunk and how long would it take ?
However, % compost needed to inorganic ?
Ah, more questions, but an interesting experiment.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down