Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No-Pest Strips

2 posters

Go down

No-Pest Strips Empty No-Pest Strips

Post  bonsaisr Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 pm

I used to use No-Pest strips (DDVP, Vapona) in my plant room, until Nina cautioned me they are poisonous if you spend any time in there. Lately, I have been having a terrible time with Boisduval scale on both orchids & bonsai. I checked on No-Pest strips. They are still sold in NY state. However, now the instructions are specific. Do not use them in a room in the home where you spend more than 4 hours a day. Since my plant room is fully enclosed & I don't spend anywhere near that amount of time there, back to the No-Pest strips.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

No-Pest Strips Empty Re: No-Pest Strips

Post  Ryan Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:28 pm

I too have thought about these, but all the warnings surrounding them scared me away.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

No-Pest Strips Empty No-Pest Strips

Post  bonsaisr Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Just use common sense. Is your plant area sealed off from the rest of the house? How much time do you spend there? Believe me, if they were really dangerous, they would not be sold in NY State. Also, it is suggested they not be used around infants, invalids, or the very old. I'm 84, but that's not very old nowadays. Laughing 
I see there is an ad on our site for No-Pest strips at Ace Hardware for $107 a 12-pack. That is twice what they should cost. They are $5 something apiece at Walgreen's.
Iris

Last edited by bonsaisr on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional comment)
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

No-Pest Strips Empty Re: No-Pest Strips

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down