Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Bonsai Show

3 posters

Go down

Winter Bonsai Show Empty Winter Bonsai Show

Post  stevez Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 am

December 6 and 7 2013
Kannapolis NC for information www.winterbonsai.com

stevez

Back to top Go down

Winter Bonsai Show Empty Re: Winter Bonsai Show

Post  fiona Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 am

Looks like an excellent event in the offing.

Also see Bill V's thread on the exhibition at https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t14306-winter-silhouette-show-in-north-carolina
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 am

Most of my bonsai still have leaves, although the peak of autumn color is gone. I'm preparing some interesting bonsai for the Winter Exhibition as well as trees for sale.

Is there anything special I should bring to display or sell? What would you like to see?

What topic would be of most interest for my Saturday demonstration?

Looking forward to seeing many long time friends at this premier event for the East Coast, I don't think this has been done too often in this area.

Bill
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:06 am

My topic for the FREE seminar on Saturday at 2 pm will be "Dwarf Japanese Maple Bonsai". This comprehensive seminar includes valuable information on maple bonsai including: history, care, maintenance, propagation, bonsai creation as well as shaping. The seminar includes the demonstration of creating the basic design of a dwarf Japanese maple from nursery stock. A special Sharp's Pygmy Japanese maple has been selected for the demonstration. As always, questions are most welcome throughout the educational seminar. I will also be conducting a FREE bonsai critique of the exhibition on Sunday morning.

Bring your friends to the Winter Silhouette Exhibition and see some of the finest deciduous bonsai in the region. Vendors will have bonsai, pre-bonsai as well as supplies necessary for bonsai creation, care and appreciation.

Bill

Sharp's Pygmy Japanese Maple Demonstration Tree
Winter Bonsai Show Demo-t10
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down