Wild Tree (what to do next)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wild Tree (what to do next)

Post  foad on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi,
I am newbie to Bonsai and I have collected the below tree from the wild.  It has been in the container for few months now, so I am very glad that it survived the transition.  My dilemma is that I have no idea what to do next.  Does this tree has potential?  should I spent my efforts and time on it?  
I appreciate any advice.

foad

Back to top Go down

Wild Tree

Post  bonsaisr on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:07 pm

It has definite possibilities, but we can't give you much advice until we know what species you have. Contact a garden center, university, or an experienced grower to find out the name. What kind of place was it growing in?
Iris

bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Re: Wild Tree (what to do next)

Post  foad on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks Iris,
I will ask around about its kind. It was growing up the mountains (about 800 meters high).
Fouad

foad

Back to top Go down

Post  DreadyKGB on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:55 pm

From the pictures it looks hawthorn like. Post some better closeups of the leaves and bark texture. It definitely has potential.

DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 pm

We could better help you if you could post your images as full size rather than thumbnails. You can find out how by reading the tutorial here: http://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t243-tutorial-on-posting-pics Thanks.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:55 am

His pics are clickable.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum