Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA

+5
fiona
jgeanangel
Todd Ellis
bonsaisr
William N. Valavanis
9 posters

Go down

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Empty Re: WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA

Post  William N. Valavanis Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:14 pm

I know Arthur and Rodney will do an excellent job in this well organized important event for the southeast.

Be prepared for an enjoyable and educational weekend especially with the warm southern hospitality and in the company of fellow bonsai hobbyists!

If you want to see something different, on the east coast at least, join me in North Carolina on December 7-8th for a Winter Silhouette Exhibition. In cold areas it is not common to enjoy the beauty of bonsai during the dormant season without foliage. The true beauty and training techniques can be seen when the bonsai are without foliage for deciduous species.

Everyone is invited to display their bonsai, contact Steve Zeisel for additional information.

I'll be displaying and demonstrating at the event in addition to conducting a critique and items for sale. Other vendors will also be selling and this will be an excellent opportunity to pick up rare items, especially Christmas presents!

Bill

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Winter10

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Winter11
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Empty Bonsai Winter Silhouettes Exhibit/Valavanis, 12/7-8/2013

Post  bonsaisr Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:23 pm

I like the idea of a winter silhouette display. We should have more of them, but in the northern climates, many people have their dormant bonsai packed away inaccessible for the winter. I'm fortunate in that my winter storage is an unheated sunporch where I see my trees every day (temperature & watering control very tricky though). I enjoy having some deciduous trees in my Tu BiShevat (Jewish Arbor Day) display January-February. Someone always asks, "Is it dead?"Question 
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Empty Re: WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:30 pm

The poster is beautiful! Sounds like a great event!
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Todd, come join us!
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Thank you Bill. I don't know if I could make it ... I keep saying "one of these days..."Very Happy 
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Empty Bill V NC announ

Post  jgeanangel Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

This is exciting... I look forward to participating!

Bill, I trust your wisdom, but I wonder if this shouldn't have its own thread to attract more attention!

John

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Empty WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA

Post  William N. Valavanis Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm on a plane to China. Could someone please copy the flyer to this thread?

Bill
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Done, John G, and also done, Bill.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  jgeanangel Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Thank you Ms. Fiona!

jgeanangel

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks for the help Fiona!
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 pm

I will be there. I'm looking forward to it. If it keep going, one day I hope to have a tree or two in there.

Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 am

I'm preparing four different bonsai display compositions for this weekend's Winter Silhouette Exhibition in North Carolina. All the fine twigs must be carefully inspected and moss checked out as well. I hope I don't knock off any of the huge Chinese Quince fruit as they are quiet heavy. Finally the appropriate display tables and accessories must be selected and cleaned. Additionally my program on Dwarf Maples must be updated as well.

All of this takes time and I'm sure the people attending the Winter Silhouette Exhibition will enjoy the beauty of the deciduous trees. Tomorrow I must also select the bonsai and pre-bonsai for sale as well.

I hope to greet many bonsai lovers next weekend!

Bill

www.winterbonsai.com

WINTER SILHOUETTE SHOW IN NORTH CAROLINA Chines10
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  hometeamrocker Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm looking forward to the weekend! I Hope to meet a few of you there...

hometeamrocker

Back to top Go down

Post  prestontolbert Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:40 pm

It was a truly awesome show.  Thank you Steve for bringing this together, and Bill for everything you did.  I really learned a ton about display during the critique.  Does anyone have photos?
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Trees Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:06 pm

prestontolbert wrote:Does anyone have photos?
Check out valavanisbonsaiblog.com
Twisted Trees
Twisted Trees

Back to top Go down

Post  prestontolbert Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:18 pm

I saw the blog *awesome*, I just thought someone else might have a different perspective
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down