Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)...

5 posters

Go down

Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... Empty Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)...

Post  DreadyKGB Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Hey all here are the two best in show from this year. For the full photo set check the blog.

Best in Show (Open) Trident Maple over rock
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August10

Best in Show (Professional) R.A.F. Scots Pine
For a history on the development of this pine check out Bill Valvanis's blog
http://valavanisbonsaiblog.com/2013/08/09/raf-dwarf-scots-pine-bonsai-development/
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August11

Bill's blog is new and well worth a read through...

Todd
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... Empty Re: Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)...

Post  heyyou82 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:07 pm

I spent a few hours at the show yesterday. Both winning trees are great! If I remember correctly the RoR Trident was even on loan to the Chicago Botanic Garden (where the Mid-America show is) last year.

heyyou82

Back to top Go down

Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... Empty Re: Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)...

Post  juniper07 Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Beautiful trees... unfortunately, the only time I could go to the show was when the trees were being judged. So I couldn't see the show trees, however I had a blast at the vendor area (though I was on a budget).

I can't wait to see more pictures. I really like the root-over-rock Trident, but I don't think the indigo glaze suits the tree well.

Last edited by juniper07 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
juniper07
juniper07

Back to top Go down

Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... Empty A few more

Post  DreadyKGB Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:26 am

Here's a few more...

Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August12
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August13
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August14
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August15
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August15
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August17
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August18
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August19
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August20
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August21
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August22
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August23
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Post  juniper07 Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Does anyone know when Bjorn's critique will go up on Youtube? Please keep us informed.
juniper07
juniper07

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Thanks for posting, some very nice trees there.

Do you (or does anyone) have a better pic of the root-over-rock trident ma^ple showing the roots?

What is the species of the two trees in a shallow pot? Larix, Cedrus? I like them a lot, I like this "minimalist" approach, very natural to me.

AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:53 pm

juniper07 wrote:Does anyone know when Bjorn's critique will go up on Youtube? Please keep us informed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQshj8Gf35c#t=652
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  heyyou82 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:50 am

AlainK wrote:Thanks for posting, some very nice trees there.

Do you (or does anyone) have a better pic of the root-over-rock trident ma^ple showing the roots?

What is the species of the two trees in a shallow pot? Larix, Cedrus? I like them a lot, I like this "minimalist" approach, very natural to me.

Assuming you meant the following tress, then yes, they are American Larch. I've also seen them in the winter, they look great too when bare. One of my favorite trees!
Mid America Bonsai Show (Chicago, IL)... August19

heyyou82

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks for the reply.

Once again, I love it/them Wink

And the second trident-over-rock has an impressive root spread on the stone, beautiful.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down