Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bald cypress

4 posters

Go down

bald cypress Empty bald cypress

Post  moyogijohn Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:30 pm

I got a cypress in the summer and chopped it off below the branches.. it is growing like crazy with small branches.. broblem is i did not chop low enough for the trunk size.. when could i chop again and start a new leader ??? Thanks take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

bald cypress Empty Re: bald cypress

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:04 pm

I would wait and let the tree feed itself until next year, but BC are strong it might work again, but isn't it getting late in the growing season for you??
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkd2572 Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:44 pm

I would wait until spring and rechop. I have noticed on both of mine that if the new growth does not harden off in time for winter it usually falls off.

Jkd2572

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 pm

It's gonna fall off anyway. They're deciduous. In W. Va., John probably has time to chop. It may depend how high into the mountains he is.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkd2572 Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm talking about small new branch growth not falling off but dying. Do you have many bald cypresses Jim?

Jkd2572

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Not now. Had a dozen or so in Fla, but left 'em all down there with other folks. I have one little one now.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

bald cypress Empty bald cypress

Post  moyogijohn Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 am

Thank You Billy,,JDK2572,, And Jim for your responces.. I may could do it but not sure.. i didn,t think it is august and with the crazy weather we are haveing maybe i should wait till spring.. Jim we are close to kentucky and ohio,,can be in either state in 15 min.. thank you all i,ll over winter it.. take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down