Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia

+9
Leo Schordje
berobinson82
leatherback
Brian Van Fleet
Ryan
Ashiod
greendragonbonsai
JimLewis
tbarkley
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia

Post  fredman1 Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Good thread to follow. I'm busy doing the same on some trees so its inspiring to know I'm on the right track. Very Happy 

fredman1

Back to top Go down

Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia

Post  tbarkley Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Update a little over a month later.....22OCT13.
New shoots are growing good, and more starting.
Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia - Page 2 Cameli10
Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia - Page 2 Cameli11
Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia - Page 2 Cameli12
tbarkley
tbarkley

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Excellent, leave these all grow, right now they look very tender, brittle, easy to break. Best to leave them all grow, because you will need these leaves to nurture roots when you dig. As mentioned above, dig in your ideal time for transplanting in your area. Coming along nicely. In order to build the root system, I would not do any, or very little styling until at least 12 months after digging it out of the ground. Keep as many as possible of the new branches until the tree is well established, I would delay the first styling until 2016. You will eventually have a very nice tree. Lots of possibilities growing there. Nice
Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  tbarkley Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback Leo!
tbarkley
tbarkley

Back to top Go down

Need some honest advice about a 30+ year old Camellia - Page 2 Empty any update

Post  yogesh Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:30 am

hi Barkley,
any updated pics of your plant if u can share
yogesh
yogesh

Back to top Go down

Post  tbarkley Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any pics, it has not grown any more since the last pictures I posted. As a matter of fact, we have had an unusually cold winter with more snow and ice than we normally get. The branching is still there, but the cold has gotten the young leaves. We have had snow and ice for the last 3 out of 4 weeks (which is pretty much unheard of around here). I will post more pics as soon as it shows new growth.
tbarkley
tbarkley

Back to top Go down

Post  luni vedovello Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:03 am

Hey. Any news about this camellia?

luni vedovello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2