Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise.

3 posters

Go down

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Empty new to "Baeckea", would like some advise.

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Hello all IBC friends. Very Happy 

I'm just got a first yamadori "Baeckea" from my friend.  I have not work with this species before and need some advise.

some question are...

- what kind of soil they like?.
- there are posible to carve deadwood?, it's rot easy or not?.
- some tips to repoting and root cuting ?.
- how difficult with this species ?.
- other special care for them ?.

Thank you Very Happy .

Best Regards,
Pongsatorn.K

Last edited by fiona on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correcting)
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Empty new to baeckea need some advice

Post  john5555leonard Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:40 am

hi pongsatorn, everybody seems to want baeckea in thailand, i have not got one yet, i bought 2 from my trader khun suey , and left them at his shop but after 2 months they slowly died, even after sending out new leaves, he had a big one in the ground that was really strong, so i ordered it , when i went back after another month that was dead as well . i know some of our members in bangkok ordered some from a trader and they died as well . so not easy . they like volcanic soil 100% , they are good for deadwood as they do not rot, but branches are prone to die back, hope i have not been too negative and wish you good luck . i will try again myself when i see some more . tui has one that is growing ok . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Empty Re: new to "Baeckea", would like some advise.

Post  steve-thailand Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:15 am

i've never heard of Baeckea, what is the Thai name?

here's a nice pic

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Baecke10

steve-thailand

Back to top Go down

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Empty Re: new to "Baeckea", would like some advise.

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:49 am

john5555leonard wrote:hi pongsatorn, everybody seems to want baeckea in thailand,   i have not got one yet, i bought 2 from my trader khun suey , and left them at his shop but after 2 months they slowly died, even after sending out new leaves, he had a big one in the ground that was really strong, so i ordered it , when i went back after another month that was dead as well . i know some of our members in bangkok ordered some from a trader and they died as well .  so not easy . they like volcanic soil 100% , they are good for deadwood as they do not rot, but branches are prone to die back, hope i have not been too negative and wish you good luck . i will try again myself when i see some more . tui has one that is growing ok .  regards john

Yes, we are new for baeckea in Thailand. this specie are come to new one in bonsai thailand societie. alot of yamadori was die with no reason and/or because we are between rookie Very Happy . thankyou John for information about it's deadwood, very good help.

my baeckea is come form Ubol Ratchatani, I have inspire in baeckea since I have see this one below at Rayoung events show last month What a Face 

Regards,
Pongsatorn.K

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Sam_6811
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:57 am

steve-thailand wrote:i've never heard of Baeckea, what is the Thai name

Hello Steve Very Happy ,

Baeckea name in Thai is "สนทราย" [Sonsign],
it's can find in Esann zone especial near Khong river and also can find in area of Rayoung province and southern Thailand.

Regards,
Pongsatorn.K
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:30 am

Some photos for your design reference from Malaysia.  It is becoming their signature tree.

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Dsc_0010

new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Dsc_0011

Perfect weeping specimen.
new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Dsc_0012

One way of doing branch formation and foliage clustering
new to "Baeckea", would like some advise. Dsc_0143

regards,
jun:) 

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:07 am

jun wrote:Some photos for your design reference from Malaysia.  It is becoming their signature tree.
regards,
jun:) 

Thank you very much Jun Very Happy . there are help me alot.

there are difficult to move to smaller pot like Pemphis or not?.
I have 2 way in my mine yet 1. plant in bonsai pot 2. plant in bigger plastic bowl. I would like to know how difficult when repot?.

Regards,
Pongsatorn.K
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down