Which pot?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which pot?

Post  JimLewis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:16 am

I've had this little trident for nearly 10 years now and it has had several homes over those years.  Some of the pots fit it, others didn't.

Which of them -- presented here in no particular order -- do you think fit this tree best?

and, and old pic, but I still have the pot:

I have a couple of other deep cascade pots (blue green) that I've never considered for it.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Which pot?

Post  Marco Giai-Coletti on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:03 pm

I like #3 and then #5. What an amazing little tree!

Marco Giai-Coletti

Back to top Go down

Pot.

Post  lennard on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Also like #5 the best.

Lennard

lennard

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Trees on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Why can't you make up your mind?

Twisted Trees

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Because I like most all of the pots. The first pot is what it's in today. Pot 3 (Tokonome ware) almost insists that this be a cascade, and while it's OK as a cascade, I like it as a semi-cascade/literati better. Pot 2 -- antique Japanese -- is probably the best pot I own, but there's something else in it now. Pot 5 is another favorite and another old Japanese pot -- tho not antique. Pot 4 is a converted teacup.

No crime being wishy-washy at my age.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:49 pm

5 then 1 for me Jim

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkd2572 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:15 pm

I like #1. It looks great on the little bitty stand.

Jkd2572

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyB on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:28 am

#1 for me too. I also like #3, but agree that the tree is better more upright. Maybe you could find a pot with that shape and coloring that is not as deep???

JudyB

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  DougB on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:03 am

No 1 for me. It has a calming that the others do not have.

DougB

Back to top Go down

Post  -keith- on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:14 am

#1 is very elegant,but I like #3 the best. it gives a sence of rugedness with the barren white pot and accents the trees form of a harse encvironment.

-keith-

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks all, I think I'm leaning toward keeping it in its current pot (#1). The blue one would be a good alternative. It's not too late to change my mind, though.

Judy, I thought I had found a shallower one, but my memory "done me in" and now I have two identical white pots. It seems to look shallower when empty.

I invite you all to have a look at my posts in the display sections, since they're related -- kinda.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum