Penjing show

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Penjing show

Post  Robert Steven on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 am

Nice to meet you too Darwin. This was among I liked...

Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:25 pm

HI friends
It is just today to see this thread. Very nice penjings. Thanks for your all posts

PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 am

Will we meet next month Qui ?

Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaco Kriek on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:10 pm

This landscape is well guarded. Very Happy 

url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=160&u=14430613][/url]

Jaco Kriek

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Robert Steven wrote:Will we meet next month Qui ?
Hi Robert.
Hopefully to see you again in HCM city.

PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Very beautiful, thanks for posting.

The one with a white monkey made me think of Nick Lenz Very Happy 

AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:34 pm

PROTONWIRA wrote:
Hi Robert.
Hopefully to see you again  in HCM city.

I will come on 28th August for the program of Dinh. Chong Yong Yap from Malaysia and Jun from Philippine will come as well, so hope to meet you there.

Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:12 pm

really interesting and nice show Very Happy .

I see some big very flat pots with big rock, there are posible to break with rock weight when moveing or holding ?. Very Happy 

regards,
Pongsatorn.K

pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 pm

pongsatorn.k wrote:really interesting and nice show Very Happy .

I see some big very flat pots with big rock, there are posible to break with rock weight when moveing or holding ?. Very Happy 

regards,
Pongsatorn.K

Thank you Pongsatorn.

Those trays/pots were built specifically for the heavy penjings/landscape. We adjust the size of reinforcing steel bars depending on the weight of the compositions.

regards,
jun:) 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Robert Steven wrote:
PROTONWIRA wrote:
Hi Robert.
Hopefully to see you again  in HCM city.

I will come on 28th August for the program of Dinh. Chong Yong Yap from Malaysia and Jun from Philippine will come as well, so hope to meet you there.

Yes,
See you in Vietnam! The land of the giant penjings...

regards,

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:00 am

Hi Jun
I am very glad to know you will come to HCM city this time.
Very Happy 

PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:43 am

PROTONWIRA wrote:Hi Jun
Very Happy 

Glad will meet you Qiu, hope we can have sometime just to have glass of beer ? Chong can't survive without beer...

Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  PROTONWIRA on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:23 am

Robert Steven wrote:
PROTONWIRA wrote:Hi Jun
Very Happy 

Glad will meet you Qiu, hope we can have sometime  just to have glass of beer ? Chong can't survive without beer...

Hi
About beer? Please tell him Saigon beer or " 333" beer is the best local beer in VN.Smile 
Qui

PROTONWIRA

Back to top Go down

Penjing Show

Post  bob hill on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Jun,

Well that is one hell of a story you have told us, but good on you my friend, against all the odds you and your team won the day big time as the images show!

It just goes to prove that where there is a will there's a way & this thing with Bonsai clubs, Yeah! It happens!......I mean after all its all about the trees really.  I have to say it's fantastic to see Ka Pablin in your photos!  Both him and his son Alex are very good friends with the members of Dragon Bonsai here in South Wales.  He paid the club many a visit when he was here in the U.K....A tall quiet man obviously very Bonsai talented but modest with it.  I was pleased to have met him!  It would now seem from what you say that he has a bit of a sting in his tail to boot, hahaha!

Jun the photos of the Penjing landscapes are just great, I love them all!  This Bonsai art form is something I have always been interested in, it just seems such a natural thing to do.  

Last August 2012 I was asked if I would like to come up with something of my own for a major Welsh Bonsai show (Bonsai in Wales) so after giving it some thought I agreed, though it presented me with quite a headache as I no longer had any nice rock material (moving house etc) also I had lost most of my small trees to a very severe winter that we experienced a couple of years back.  For this exhibit I had to resort to using dwarf garden center stock, mosses & accent plants etc.  The whole landscape is made up of various individual pieces of dead wood (Jin) collected from the wild and I then combined them all together to make one unit which was about 6 foot long.  Like yourself I was also in the construction game so making the table presented no problem....I think it turned out ok!  I hope you like it!

I have posted two videos as they both give a slightly different angle to view the piece!...

P.S Well Done, the show must go on!!!.....

Bob Hill

bob hill

Back to top Go down

Penjing show

Post  Ka Pabling on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Bob, nice to hear from you, If I remember right youre the "makita man" the best in the club when it comes to making sharis and jins with the use of your makita. I like your video, very nice landscape composition. Hope to see you again in the dragons den soon

Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:22 am

A great tribute to Harley Rider! Do be proud. Beautiful Penjing! I was looking for Yoda among the rocks Very Happy 

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Penjing show

Post  Ka Pabling on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:19 am

jun wrote:Here you go ka pabling!

I don't have the complete set of pictures... maybe Robert and some other IBC members could post more.

I did not mention Jong and Boy intentionally to protect them from persecution. hehe Now you already did....Thank you Boy and Jong for the much needed help.

Yes, they are trying to do to Vietnam what they did to us. But we will be there to give support to our Vietnamese friends...they are trying to make this a global issue, that's why in the beginning of this thread I put up a warning alarm alarm that this could happen to anyone/any club. The Vietnamese organizers are not backing down despite the pressure and threat.

regards,
in penjing, the scenery does need to be chinese or japanese, like this one I made to fill the vacant space in the show its a non competing entry, its a scenery that reminds me of Europe. I call it the european inspired penjing.

Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

penjing

Post  Ka Pabling on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:33 am

Robert Steven wrote:And these are the European inspired Penjing by Ka Pabling...

here are the other european inspired penjijngs. as you can see in the pics of jun, most if not all the sceneries are Filipino.I am sure you will enjoy making penjing depicting local scenes in your country.

Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

Post  amanluthra688 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:39 am

Great show and the lesson never give up
I am surprised by the act of mother group.
They forgot we bonsai trainer know how to uproot an dying tree and put life and enegy in it keep it up robert and the show it is great.

amanluthra688

Back to top Go down

Well done my friend !

Post  theBalance on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Jun,
only in moments like this you have the opportunity to really know who you are!

till now, you and Robert have been 2 of the more influencing people for me regarding penjing

after hearing this story, you also inspire me as a person - to stick with the truth and follow what you believe in your heart
and as they say : wey wu wey !!!

p.s.
a GREAT show !!!

theBalance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: