Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penjing show

+25
pongsatorn.k
AlainK
Jaco Kriek
PROTONWIRA
darwin
tmmason10
Budi Sulistyo
Ka Pabling
Andrew Legg
lennard
pjkatich
Jed Franco
Auballagh
Andre Beaurain
Anderlu
marcus watts
Robert Steven
Ashiod
Sam Ogranaja
moyogijohn
Brett Simon
Khaimraj Seepersad
GerhardGerber
Rick36
newzealandteatree
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Penjing show Empty Penjing show

Post  Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:26 am

Penjing show Dsc_0123

Penjing show Dsc_0210

Penjing show Dsc_0211

Hi IBC.
Before I show some more pictures please bear with me as I tell this important story...which someday any of you might face.
We formed a new independent group, open for all individuals coming from both "camps". The main objective of the club is to help people find a neutral venue away from the politics of bonsai and to promote Philippine bonsai in the international stage. We started a core group composed of a dozen members from the mother club , the other national club, and individuals. After the big event here (ABFF), we asked for the support of the national club, and they promised to lend us tables, give us moral support and even backed us up with little financial support. Out of courtesy we even inform them of the planned activities, name of foreign guest, etc..and then four days before the event I sent my crew and truck to pick up the tables. but they suddenly withdraw their support, just a few days where we have already booked our guest in hotels, plane ticket and arranged the venue and everything. Providing us with nonsense excuses like telling us that Mr. Budi Solistyo of Indonesia called them up telling them to halt the upcoming event in whatever cost. Their reason is that they cannot allow Robert Steven to be part of more local activities and impart his selfless acts of teaching bonsai and penjing. and another they presented us is that they won't allow individuals not associated with the mother national club to be part of an event that they personally approved.    
The past several weeks , were been attacked, harassed, molested by the "mother club", Their main and only goal to stop our independent show which we opened up for all individuals. with or without any affiliation to any club or to the mother club, and I find it very immature and irrational.
Their first action is the withdrawal of the tables, but Ka Pabling and I didn't backdown, then they called up some of our core group threatening them with sanctions if they continue with the show, facing the possibility of membership termination among others almost all of our initial members and officers left us, this is just 3 days before the show. But still one brave old man (Ka Pabling) and an stubborn younger dude (jun) did not even blink an eye and continue the event facing all the possibilities (and it happened already) of termination and more harassment in the next days to come.
Finally on the they of the event The mother club convey an emergency general meeting, Specifically to stop the show in the last moment. They called up all of those in our list affiliated with the national club, that includes regional clubs, small clubs and even individuals who are by this time readied their penjings after months of preparations not to show up. I personally called up this groups and individuals and even went to their gardens to checked on their preparations for the event, so I knew exactly how many entries were confirmed to participate. facing the same sanctions, they withdraw. Some of even got their trees already loaded in vans pickups and small cars ready for the event.

Against all odds we managed to fill some lost spots but far from we we originally counted. This is with the help of those clubs that Robert and I helped before. Maybe, they forgot too that I am in the construction business, and I managed to fabricate 50 tables in just 8 hours. and some very nice friends lend us the rest...So in all we gain more strength by standing up to this bully mother club, who is now practicing a very bad politics.

lesson learned. Never ever backdown and to have iron balls is quite heavy but comes in handy when the situation comes! hehe

here are the photos of the compositions of the brave individuals!

Penjing show Dsc_0125

Penjing show Dsc_0126

Penjing show Dsc_0127

more trees later! and yes that's Robert Steven and Lindsay Farr doing documentary on Philippine Penjing and Bonsai. Soon to be shown in Lindsay Farr's channel.

regards,
jun:)

Back to top Go down

Penjing show Empty Re: Penjing show

Post  newzealandteatree Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:16 am

Jun, Great show. Keep up the good work. Must not give up. U have won and will continue to win. The law of nature is such that Good must prevail over evil. I am ashamed of those who engage in such evil ways. They are like animals.
All the best,
CJ
newzealandteatree
newzealandteatree

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:31 am

Jun - Well done! Eventually your independence will win through. Presumably this is all about money (you call it politics) and individual power. Unless there is something we do not know about, all free thinkers should resist the kind of blackmail that has been imposed on your erstwhile "friends" and ex-colleagues.
That said, it would be fairer if we heard from the other side as to their reasons for this attitude. Maybe an IBC member or visitor would put the case.
I think the moderators would advise that any future comments should be in "The Lounge".

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Post  GerhardGerber Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:48 am

Well done Jun!

This sounds like the "work" of a few small-minded useless little worms who have nothing better to do.

Trying to stop the display of something wonderful, beautiful.......well, that is just a crime! Why rob the world of some joy, why prevent some young child happening to see it of the inspiration????

You guys struck a blow for goodness in this world, keep up the good work!

GerhardGerber

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 am

L.L.B.

same situation down here. I stay out of it, small island, not worth the animosity and no one really takes hobbies seriously. Older folk tend to get very threatened by change, but I understand the feeling and try to be flexible.

Great show, and may we have more ------ drool.
Stay Sane.
Khaimraj

Last edited by Khaimraj Seepersad on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling of drool)
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Simon Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Jun

Fantastic. So glad you stood up to them, i know it can be difficult at the time.. but only good will come from it.
You have my support. It is a shame that this happens but believe me, it is not only in your part of the world...

Great display... Now can we please see more...!!!!!!

Regards
Brett
Brett Simon
Brett Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:24 am

Penjing show Dsc_0130

Penjing show Dsc_0129

Penjing show Dsc_0131

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:32 am

A special one!

Penjing show Dsc_0133

Penjing show Dsc_0134

Penjing show Dsc_0135

Penjing show Dsc_0136

Back to top Go down

Penjing show Empty penging show

Post  moyogijohn Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:11 am

JUN ,,good job,,I know it was a great show.. Thanks for posting John

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:41 am

Jong Helping us around...
Penjing show Dsc_0137

Penjing show Dsc_0138

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:59 am

Penjing show Dsc_0141

Penjing show Dsc_0142

Penjing show Dsc_0214

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 am

There's a reason they bullied you and went into all that trouble to stop the show. It's because you're a threat to them. Sometimes bullies are needed in this world. It's tough to find out what you stand for if you don't have some brainless tools pushing you with their ignorance and prejudice.

Kudos to you and all that showed up to stand up to them. Keep steadfast and strong and don't look back. You're obviously onto something or you wouldn't be met with this much resistance.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Have a great week!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashiod Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:23 am

Sam Ogranaja wrote:You're obviously onto something or you wouldn't be met with this much resistance.
Agreed. It looks like you pulled off a good event despite the resistance, great job. It's always nice to see the displays you post up, it gives me ideas for what to do with the little scraps of wood I hope to turn into respectable trees.
Ashiod
Ashiod

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:39 am

Hi Jun,

I made it home. Do you see all the happy faces on this picture ? Great success eventually, and everyone are happy, isn't it ? So...?

Don't get trapped into the same cheap attitiude, show poeple we are different with all our pride and positiveness. Don't blame to those who had been threaten and didn't show up, they don't like the situation neither. Show your sympathy and you will gain your respect and they will come to back you up...

However, on behalf of our Indonesia bonsai community, I appologize for the ashamed incident. It has been a hot national issue; I will handle it in proper way here and it's in progress, it comes to be very personal now !

Penjing show _mg_2210

Last edited by Robert Steven on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:22 am

Hi Jun,

well done to you and your team who were willing to stand against bullies, rumour mongers and small minded
individuals who feel so jealous (or threatened) by your ideas that they needed to try and discredit the show and make it fail......some of the exhibits look amazing btw, a credit to all the people who just want to show their trees.

I totally agree with you about the benefit of a club/association/organisation that is free of rules and that has no political agenda ahead of the bonsai. Why some people feel the need to restrict the hobby through imposing a list of rules on their potential members is beyond me, if you look deeply into such clubs and their rules it is often done to control the hobby for the benefit of a few individuals - but these people will often state the imposed restrictions are to benefit everyone !? - a national show is just about exhibiting the best available trees or plantings you can get to an audience and I think your new association has done a very good job - your membership and popularity will grow as more people see the individuals who tried to discredit you verbally or with actions in a whole new light.

keep bonsai rule free - there a logo for you hahaha:lol: 

best wishes, Marcus

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Anderlu Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:23 am

Wow, I have just joined and saw this topic Penjing Show and in I came.
Great picture of the group.

Sadly, although I cannot comment on the issues you face as I do not know the details.
I only hope that the reported behaviour is not indicative of way things appear to be going in many walks of life.

Anyway, good luck.

Anderlu

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:00 pm

[quote="jun"]Penjing show Dsc_0130

Thanks Jun.. ....

There are some beautiful Penjing display, and very inpsirational.  Great thanks

If you would permit me I would like to talk about this Penjing above....

I find the central, triangular stone quite powerful, and disturbing in this design.  I get drawn back to the stone , without looking at the bonsai.  Maybe its too much in the center?

Is it just me or does anyone else think so?

Love and light

Ps.  I'm sure they are ashamed by now....and you, in returned, are blessed.  
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Andre,

You may be right that it looks rather disturbing in the picture, but not in real in fact.
It's not because it is placed too in center, but because it's NOt ENOUGH overlapped by the right contour, so it lacks of perspective illusion...
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Auballagh Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Wow Jun, what a huge back story to this Show, and those are all some really powerful Penjing that were brought to display.  Beautiful!  Keep charging man, and don't give up.  You must be doing some really amazing things to shake up the established Status Quo.  Are the 'Fat Daddies' getting a little nervous?

It sounds like the revolution you describe building up in the Bonsai organizations over there may be getting bloody, but hopefully it will at least be short.
Auballagh
Auballagh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jed Franco Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Preng Jun,
...Those were great Penjing that you and your group had displayed...Good Job, pre thumbs up ...You pulled this one up...Congratulations to your group...you did great...despite the hindrance that you faced...just stand on what is right and believe in your capabilities and talents...Hayaan mo lang sila pre, ganyan lang ang buhay...Kudos to the group.....Very Happy 

Good day,
Jed Franco
Jed Franco
Jed Franco

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Robert Steven wrote:Andre,

........ it's NOt ENOUGH overlapped by the right contour, so it lacks of perspective illusion...

Yes, that is it....it lacks perspective, it looks flat, so the stone stands out more. It pushes the two mountains out of the tray, dont you think they would look better a little closer?

......god, I hope its not your work Robert? I would hate to crit a master......Embarassed 

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  pjkatich Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Great job Jun.

You and your group should be proud of what you were able to accomplish in light of the opposition you faced.

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. I enjoyed them very much.

Salamat po!

Cheers,
Paul

pjkatich
pjkatich

Back to top Go down

Penjing show Empty Love Penjing!

Post  lennard Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:55 pm

I love these Penjing!

Hoping to make one, one day, as good as you guys.

Keep the inspiration coming!

Lennard
lennard
lennard

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Legg Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Andre Beaurain wrote:

......god, I hope its not your work Robert?  I would hate to crit a master......Embarassed 

Love and light

A true master would accept your crit humbly Andre, particularly if it is genuine and constructive.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Legg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Penjing show Dsc_0216

Penjing show Dsc_0217

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content