Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korean Hornbeam

3 posters

Go down

Korean Hornbeam Empty Korean Hornbeam

Post  AndreasHolbech Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Hello IBC,
First post here but here we go. 
Im fairly new to bonsai and I got this K.Hornbeam and i need some styling/ramfication done on it, Any advice?
EDIT: will be done next year or two, the tree needs to be stronger. 

Korean Hornbeam Img_1111

Andreas Holbech.

AndreasHolbech

Back to top Go down

Korean Hornbeam Empty Re: Korean Hornbeam

Post  JimLewis Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 pm

I'll move this to its proper place, but furst . . . .

This winter, once the tree has lost its leaves, you will need to thin out and wire the branches.  They seem to be growing every which way now and there are many too many of them.  If you need help then, post another picture when the leaves are gone.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  AndreasHolbech Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Hello Jim,

- I moved the tree to take the pic. if it was that you were pointing out. Its on my (sunny) bench now.

I agree and thank you for the advice. Thank you! 

Andreas

AndreasHolbech

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:38 pm

AndreasHolbech wrote: I moved the tree to take the pic. if it was that you were pointing out.
Nah, he just meant you'd posted it in the wrong section of the forum. Wink

I would feed the tree pretty aggressively for the rest of this growing season, then next year establish what eventual shape you want from it and take it from there. As Jim says, there seems to be a lot going on in there, but your choice of final shape has to be what drives the thinning out process. I am aggressively feeding a couple of trees right now so I have more choice when I do some shaping next year.

An indication of how much bonsai experience you have would help us to advise you as we don't want just to assume you are a beginner,

fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down