A little Aussie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A little Aussie

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:13 pm

I collected this little Leptospermum polygalifolium ssp cismontanum in 2010 as part of a number of trials with collecting locally indigenous material. Since then it & its siblings have been subjected to innumerable experiments (from potting mixes to care needs & regrowth/bending potentials) and is the only one to survive. As it stood in 2011, noone who saw it on the bench gave it a second glance...

It was given its first pot and I pondered what to do with it...

In sept 2012 it was in need of repotting & maybe start finding the tree within.

Over the next 9mths it was subjected to a bit of bending (& cracking) to see how it would cope... admirably...

With a few likeminded friends around last weekend it was wired to the tips and repotted. The pads need tweaking & to fill out, the apex of the taller tree wiring once it regains strength.

It still has a long way to go but its been fun so far, keen to hear what others make of its current guise.

Back to top Go down

Re: A little Aussie

Post  ironhorse on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Looks great - and I love that pot

Dave

ironhorse

Back to top Go down

A Little Aussie

Post  bonsaisr on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:50 am

Does it bloom?
Iris

bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 am

Great choice. I really enjoy elegant trees. The pot is also wonderful, I love cloud feet.

Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks Dave & Jake, the pot was a gift from Ray Nesci to commemorate the 21st b'day of his bonsai nursery, after so many years sitting empty I finally had a tree worthy...

Iris, heres a link to a good representative photo of flower & leaf, mine hasn't flowered yet due to the constant pruning.http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/3934049522/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum