Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT

5 posters

Go down

VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT Empty VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT

Post  William N. Valavanis Tue May 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Everyone is cordially invited to visit the

50th Anniversary Valavanis Bonsai Exhibit

At the International Bonsai Colloquium, Friday and Saturday, June 7-8, 2013 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Holiday Inn Airport, 911 Brooks Avenue, Rochester, New York.

Five rooms will be filled with 22 vendors which will have everything for creating, maintaining and displaying your bonsai. Admission is FREE to the Anniversary bonsai exhibit and sales area.

Registrations are still open for the workshops, lecture/demonstrations, technical bonsai seminars, display seminar as well as the Saturday evening banquet where a benefit auction of an excellent private bonsai for the Monroe Community Hospital.

Additional details at:

http://www.internationalbonsai.com/files/1708315/uploaded/Colloquium/index.html

Make your travel arrangement now, you will not be disappointed!

Today I finished selecting the display tables for my 50th Anniversary Bonsai Exhibit. There are 35 individual bonsai displayed representing 28 different species and cultivars in 15 classical bonsai styles. There is one shohin bonsai composition and an educational display featuring Koto Hime Japanese maples.

Although I have well over 100 display tables I had a difficult time selecting the appropriate table design and size for each bonsai. Every time I select the perfect table it’s being used for another tree so decisions must be made to which table and bonsai are the best match. I’m trying to avoid placing a deciduous or flowering bonsai on a display table designed for evergreens. But the final result will truly be stunning and representative of my half century of bonsai study and passion.

Next: I’m continuing to combine companions (plants, ornaments or suiseki) with the main bonsai on display, then proceeding to select the appropriate low stand and finally a few well spaced hanging scrolls.

Make your travel arrangement now, you will not be disappointed!

Bill

VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT Displa10
Many display tables have been selected

VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT Displa12

A small photo of the bonsai has been attached to the selected display table. This will hopefully make set up easier.

[b]
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT Empty Re: VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT

Post  JimLewis Tue May 28, 2013 1:25 pm

See you there, Bill.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Thu May 30, 2013 1:49 am

Finally finished selecting and preparing the 35 bonsai for my 50th Anniversary Exhibit. Display tables all selected too, as are the scrolls, suiseki and ornaments. Next up, selecting the companion plants. I have many to select from and hope they work to present the finest personal exhibit I've ever organized. Never again, too much work and stress... Please feel free to visit this special exhibit next weekend as well as the 22 vendors offing their finest supplies.VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT Accent10
Some of the companion plants for matching to the bonsai.
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Thu May 30, 2013 2:59 am

William N. Valavanis wrote:Finally finished selecting and preparing the 35 bonsai for my 50th Anniversary Exhibit. Display tables all selected too, as are the scrolls, suiseki and ornaments. Next up, selecting the companion plants. I have many to select from and hope they work to present the finest personal exhibit I've ever organized. Never again, too much work and stress... Please feel free to visit this special exhibit next weekend as well as the 22 vendors offing their finest supplies.

Maybe you can hold off until your 75th anniversary for the next one! Looking forward to seeing the results of all this hard work. By the way, is there a vendors list available somewhere? I didn't see one on the website.
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Thu May 30, 2013 3:01 am

Chris,

Sorry I will not make it to my 75th anniversary. No list of vendors available.

Bill
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

VALAVANIS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBIT Empty Video of 50th Anniversary Exhibition

Post  Roy Wixson Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:03 am

I have posted a short video of the 50th Anniversary Exhibition of Bill Valavanis.  I hope that you find it interesting.
It can be found at http://BonsaiInBuffalo.com

Roy Wixson

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:27 am

Would love to see the display Bill.
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content