is pot big enough

View previous topic View next topic Go down

is pot big enough

Post  james carter on Sat May 25, 2013 10:36 am

Hi all

What is peoples thoughts on this pot dose this tree need repotting?

james

james carter

Back to top Go down

Re: is pot big enough

Post  Dave Murphy on Sat May 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Yes, I think a re-pot is needed, as the tree is planted too high. Also, the tree could stand being put into a slightly larger pot. I prefer to do vigorous root work on pines in spring just as the buds are beginning to swell, and I don't know if that time has passed for you. Good luck with it.

Dave Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Without lifting the tree from the pot, it is hard to be certain that it is due to be repotted, but it looks to have been in that pot for a good long time.

If the tree is healthy, the pot probably isn't too small. Aesthetically, it looks fine to me, except that it needs cleaning.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Sat May 25, 2013 1:41 pm

To my eye, the tree is unrefined. As I said in a previous post, why not tie in with the local club and get some styling advice.

Regarding repotting, unless you are only going to slip pot it, I wouldn't be trying to repot in your area just now.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum