crabapple bonsai

View previous topic View next topic Go down

crabapple bonsai

Post  moyogijohn on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I need to know how to prune a crabapple..it looks like a bush now.. i would love it to flower this year though... thanks very much...john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Crabapple

Post  bonsaisr on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Crabapples usually bloom in May. Wait until after it blooms to style it. A picture would help. In general, you want to keep one to three trunks. Longest branches at the bottom. Go out in the country & look at apple trees until you are imprinted.
Iris

bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Re: crabapple bonsai

Post  JimLewis on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Take a look at the various posts of my pear. Apples look much the same. Here is one that can show the skeleton.

http://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t9128-pear-leafing-out-cold-snap-coming?highlight=pear

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

crabapple bonsai

Post  moyogijohn on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Thank you Mrs. Iris check my profile the tree is posted on 14.. I have no camera now for another pic... JIM,, i checked your pear tree post,, i love it !! i have looked at it before and still can not see how they can be that short but still look like a large tree... thank you both take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Re: crabapple bonsai

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum