Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Elm not comming out of winter

5 posters

Go down

Chinese Elm not comming out of winter Empty Chinese Elm not comming out of winter

Post  ddalcu Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 am

Hi all,
I have a Chinese Elm which is in his 4 winter. Unfortunately I can't see any sign of coming back to life (compared to another Chinese Elm which has 2-3mm long green buds). The tree has buds but they don't swell. I scratched a branch and it is green under the bark. Here are 2 photos:

http://photographystepbystep.com/others/bonsai/probleme/muguri.jpg
http://photographystepbystep.com/others/bonsai/probleme/creanga.jpg

What could be the problem? What do you think I should do?

Thank you!

ddalcu

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm not comming out of winter Empty Re: Chinese Elm not comming out of winter

Post  JotaBe! Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:52 am

Hi, maybe in Romania still it is cold and the elm still hasn't woken up.
It seems alive, wait patiently until the growth appears.

Cheers

JotaBe!

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm not comming out of winter Empty Re: Chinese Elm not comming out of winter

Post  ddalcu Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:09 am

There are almost 3 weeks now with temperatures over 10 C. In the last week we had temperatures over 20 C. Yesterday we had 27 C. Al the trees are green now here. I have another Chinese Elm that is next to this one and it has 3 mm green buds.

ddalcu

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Not all trees are alike. I live in a much warmer climate than you and still have several trees that haven't awakened. Be patient. (And, there's nothing you can do, anyway. If it is dead, it is dead. If not, it will wake up.)
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Chinese Elm not comming out of winter Empty Chinese Elm

Post  bonsaisr Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Where did you keep it over the winter?
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Post removed

Last edited by bonsaisr on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : offensive)
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  ddalcu Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:59 am

bonsaisr wrote:Where did you keep it over the winter?

Outside, on a window sill.

ddalcu

Back to top Go down

Post  ovidiu1964 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Dear "bonsaisr", I see you are very active on the forum, so it is assumed that you have some experience regarding bonsai, "ddalcu" asked for advice, we Romanians really eat polenta, but that does not mean a mix with bonsai, and here is where I do not think such remarks
sorry for my English but use Google Translation
ovidiu1964
ovidiu1964

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 pm

I am so sorry. I did not mean to offend you. I was just joking. Just goes to show that you cannot be too careful trying to kid around with someone of another culture. If somebody told me to try chicken soup on a sick bonsai, I would think nothing of it. I will delete the post.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down