Shohin Japanese maple

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shohin Japanese maple

Post  JimLewis on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:51 pm

This little fellow is what was left over after a taller maple was divided into several cuttings. He now outshines his progeny, though the top needs more refinement. 6.25 inches from the top of the pot. Three years as a bonsai. You can still see where the chops were made, but they're mending nicely.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Shohin Japanese maple

Post  JimLewis on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 pm

One of the cuttings. Its base got damaged somehow. I'm trying to incorporate it into the design, but . . .

About 7 inches.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  ironhorse on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Very nice - like the pots too

Dave

ironhorse

Back to top Go down

shohinjapanese maples

Post  moyogijohn on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 pm

JIM,, Wery nice little trees !!! I can,t see a thing wrong with either one... you can make the best small trees !! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 am

Thanks, all. The first pot was acquired at the Green Club in Tokyo. It's one of my favorites. I've had that crackle-glazed pot for years and can no longer remember where it came from.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum