Premna Micro/Pemphis Acidula Please!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Premna Micro/Pemphis Acidula Please!?

Post  Tonywan007 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:46 pm

I am looking to acquire these fine trees somehow? Either by seeds/cuttings/grafts/plants/specimens, however will get me these? Does anyone have any suggestions? There are some other trees as well that I would love to get- like Serrisa Foetida, and Buttonwood (conocarpus erectus), also Taiwan Firethorn, Fukien Tea (Carmona Microphyllus), Cemara Duri (Juniper Chinensis), And then Santige (Pemphis Acidula), Also different Premna'-Nauseose/Microphylla/Serratifolia, I also like Bougenvillea spectabilis, and other Bougenvillea, Tamarindus indica, and Gulo Kemantung, just to name a few! Just Kidding. But seriously money is an issue right now so the best economical way is best at present. Thanks guys, I can't wait to here from you, oh by the way I'm in Canada- Vancouver Island, Victoria to be exact, so please keep that in mind when you give suggestions, Thanks again. Peace
Tony

Tonywan007

Back to top Go down

Re: Premna Micro/Pemphis Acidula Please!?

Post  Rob Kempinski on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Do you already have specimens native to your area or that will at least grow well in your outdoor environment, such as Mountain Hemlock, White Pine, Japanese Black Pine, maples, etc. The trees you mention are all tropical that will require extensive protection and frankly will not truly thrive in your man-made environment.

Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:55 pm

Hai mei (pemphis acidula) will NEVER grow in your area. Also, although it is a tropical, it requires special care. Even in Taipei it won't grow.

Regards,

jose luis

jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonywan007 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 am

How about any of the others I mentioned? Like the Premna's? Or the Taiwan Firethorn or Trident? Fukien Tea, Chinese Juniper Shimpaku, etc...? Any help with those? Thanks
TT

Tonywan007

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Your request is very puzzling. Question Why do you want all these trees at once? Do you have any bonsai now?
Premna microphylla, Pemphis, and buttonwood may not be available. If you could get them, they are for advanced growers & would require a greenhouse. As Jose Luis indicated, Pemphis acidula is a mangrove, and probably would not survive at all outside of the South Pacific. On the other hand, Fukien tea (Ehretia microphylla), trident maple, snow rose (Serissa japonica), Shimpaku juniper, and Bougainvillea should be easily available in the Vancouver area. I believe there is a show coming up there shortly, and all those species will be for sale.
You mentioned that money is an issue. You don't expect anyone to give these away, do you? Shocked
Here is a suggestion. Buy ONE tree that you would like, the biggest you can afford. Develop that one until you save up for the next. Meanwhile, find a commercial nursery that is short-staffed. Volunteer there to prune, water, etc. in your spare time. Ask them if they will give you a discount in exchange.
Iris

bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  gman on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Tony,
If you haven't done so already, I strongly recommend that you contact the Vancouver Island Bonsai Club that is based in Victoria, here is a link; http://www.victoriabonsai.bc.ca/index.htm.
You will get all the help you’ll need in your endeavors.
I’m from Campbell River and if you need some local trees I know of a great source of material, so MP me.
Cheers Gman

gman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum