Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamadori Olive not picking up

5 posters

Go down

Yamadori Olive not picking up Empty Yamadori Olive not picking up

Post  akhater Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Last year I have collected 2 wild olives one of them reacted after 6 months and is doing fine today while the other is still green but no buds at all and I am worried about it.

last year it was in shade most of the time, I moved it to a sunnier position. anything else I can do to help it out?

the soil is inorganic (expanded clay with some peatmoss) and I didn't feed it

thanks

akhater

Back to top Go down

Yamadori Olive not picking up Empty Re: Yamadori Olive not picking up

Post  cosmos Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Sometimes olives need even two years to start moving by sending buds. As long as the trunk is still green do not give up. Last year I was going to discharge a large cutting but then I decided to remove the plastic bag which had been covering it for more than one and half years and then BOOM buds starting cropping up all over.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Hervey Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 pm

If it is green at the cambium it will be fine, just give it time.
Justin Hervey
Justin Hervey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Akhater

Take care, not to lett the olive stand in strong sun, and sharp wind.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm

thank you all i am not losing hope since it is still well green. Will give it another year...

If anyone with Olive experience can also take a look at this other thread of mine https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t10282p15-olive-root-cutting i can't decide to repot or not this year Very Happy

thanks again

akhater

Back to top Go down

Yamadori Olive not picking up Empty Yamadori Olive not picking up

Post  Neil Brough Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 am

So check out Dugz olive tour unless you have already , amazing stuff two of the three threes that i have tried his technique on are flourishing. Seriously Olives trees regenerate roots when cut through their trunk, Dugz tour is a eye opener. I have several in the ground that i lifted out of a olive grove two years ago , a few months ago i took my trenching spade to it and since then it has been sulking . I think it will come around , i give it the occasional drink of superthrive .

Neil Brough

Back to top Go down

Post  JoesBonsai Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:12 am

They do tend to sulk , olives love sun and need lots of it ,place them in full sun for most of the day.I use seagrow (don't know if you can get it where you live) and i spray the hole tree it every 2 weeks helps to bud

JoesBonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down