Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seki (tabletop) display

3 posters

Go down

Seki (tabletop) display Empty Seki (tabletop) display

Post  dick benbow Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:44 pm

I have been enjoying the toko thread but thought it might be fun to focus elsewhere. My other alcove display is in my library room. It's by far more intimate than the toko.
Pictured here is a scroll with kites, preparing the viewer for a sense of spring in the air. The quince in bloom
seems to connect the red color with earth and sky. meanwhile the male duck sits patiently as it's female prepares to fill their nest with eggs. The suiseki ( not visually clear in the photo) is a cave stone. A perfect hiding place for the young of the year to be protected as they are born.
as always thoughts, suggestions, conversations appreciated. SmileSeki (tabletop) display Img_2842
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Seki (tabletop) display Empty Re: Seki (tabletop ) display

Post  stonener Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:28 am

Hey Dick just for fun, if I may?
Try this.
move stone to top shelf, centered.
place quince middle shelf facing opposite direction, growth into center of display,
at far left edge, without table. wire bottom branch, direct movement kengi.
move duck to lower shelf, also facing into center of display, as it is now.
move scroll up, just a bit higher.
WhY?
levels as on earth, water lowest.
mountain highest, with kits in sky.
bonsai on sloping ground, center level.
fun friendly advise as expert on nothing... Basketball

Last edited by stonener on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:35 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : +,-)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Seki (tabletop) display Empty Re: Seki (tabletop) display

Post  dick benbow Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:09 am

I like the rationale on that which you suggested. Just got back from a board meeting and have a full day at weyerhaeuser tomorrow, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't get back to your suggestion. I like it!
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Seki (tabletop) display Empty Re: Seki (table top ) display

Post  stonener Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:29 am

Hey Dick! "No Problem"
it will be there when you get to it!
for now just enjoy what you've already done... Basketball
you get an "A" for effort!
stonener

Last edited by stonener on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : +)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Maliea Chiem Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 pm

I also like stonener's idea - like in ikebana w/ shin (tallest point, heaven) soe (representing man) & hikae (earth)

Nice job though. I LOVE the kite scroll! The red color is echoed. Also, nice pot color choice. Really makes the flower blossoms POP!

Maliea Chiem

Back to top Go down

Post  Maliea Chiem Tue May 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Also; is there any lighting installed? Or is it lit by natural light? How many windows in your library? (Just trying to gauge amount of light).
I'm really inspired by the thought you put into this. I am a novice really & have just begun delving into the display aspect of bonsai.
Have you thought about getting rid of that outlet if it isn't absolutely necessary? I can be a little o.c.d, excuse me. Just thinking of how you can use the space to its fullest potential!!!
Mine are humbled, on a DIY shelf in the bathroom under their lights. I've yet to find a place in my home for display (sm studio apt)

Maliea Chiem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down