The 2 greatest disappointments of my life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 2 greatest disappointments of my life

Post  GerhardGerber on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 am

....and there have been more than a few.....

2. 1994 - Not being able to attend the Jethro Tull concert in Pretoria, South Africa Sad

1. 2013 - Not being able to attend the bonsai show/conference where Mr Walter Pall will be......somewhere on the wrong side of South Africa. Sad Sad

No money (can be borrowed) and no TIME (cannot), so unfortunately Herr Pall, I cannot see my bonsai hero in action.

Cheers
Gerhard

GerhardGerber

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2 greatest disappointments of my life

Post  fiona on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:20 pm

A JT fan, eh? You kept that under wraps. Pity about the bonsai show. And not even any heavy horses to get you there.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  GerhardGerber on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Fiona,

Very Happy I'm only 37, so I guess I have no business being a Tullie.....but I am Cool
Exactly half my CD collection is everything of JT I could find through the years. Only pity is they never made worthwhile driving music.

I learned about the bonsai show on this forum few days ago, thought about it and decided to not even research the when/where details....
I live and work is a remote mining town in Southern Namibia, and it's about 20 hours solid driving to get there.
Fuel prices and all things considered it's a no-go

GerhardGerber

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm

I feel your pain...
The annual AABC convention is Canberra during May, several great aussie artists are demonstrating along with Ryan Neil & I would so like to be there but without dog & tree sitters Crying or Very sad

JT aint bad but 94 for me was all about chasing a red & white ball around a big green table for a title & trying to get the biggest tree I ever dug to survive (lost the final game, won the battle with the magnolia)...

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 pm

94, I was in London for 6 months, though I lasted only 5 before I got bored, and was buying up Bonsai stock [ elms, sageretia, maples, and so on.]
Still am an 80's music guy. Thomas Dolby, Pet Shop boys, Eurythmics, Art of Noise and so on.
Enjoyed the museums, libraries, and did much research.

High point, watched a Chinese guy in SOHO, push an Elm into a bonsai pot.Years later the pot broke sitting under the full sun, that was an amazing push!
Later will be greater.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum