Looking for pictures of serissa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for pictures of serissa

Post  Hoo on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Having a bit of difficulty locating pictures of serissa as bonsai that have a thick trunk. Most I've found are too young to have decently sized trunk. If anyone has pictures they could upload or links to a good site, please let me know.

Last edited by Hoo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for pictures of serissa

Post  JimLewis on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Have you searched our site?

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoo on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I have. Hoping this post will prompt someone with a larger, styled serissa to post a picture or two.

Hoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Trees on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Did you try Google Images?

Twisted Trees

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm

I have. I've mostly come across images of young whips or what appear to be younger hard-wood cuttings that have been rooted, shoved in a pot and called bonsai. Either way most are of relatively young trees with thin trunks and often have styling similar to most fukien teas that are imported... the S-Shaped trunk.

I realize that serissa's are relatively slow-growers and to get a decently thick trunk it will likely take several decades of growth (Likely longer where I live). I've recently come across one at a local nursery that has been neglected. It's been left to grow relatively unchecked and will take a bit of time to achieve a pleasing design with good ramification. Right now it's a shrub in a pot.

I'll post a picture once I get a chance to take one. I'd love to hear some ideas on styling. I've got a pretty good idea on where I'd like to go with it, but maybe someone will see something I've not.

Was just hoping someone out there in IBC land was sitting on a gold mine of styled serissa pictures that hadn't yet made their way to the internet.

Hoo

Back to top Go down

Post  John Lee on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:50 pm

You can check out my dad's website- www.bnjl.com He has some posted on there. I have a couple and will try to photograph them and post.

John Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

I get a "Not Found."

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  DreadyKGB on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Jim that's because of the comma on the end of the link. Remove that and it should be fine. I have noticed this on other links before.

Todd

DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Yup. That did it. Those things are hard to spot. I always put a space at the end of a URL before any punctuation.

Thanks.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks for the link, John. I like where the pygmy maple is headed.

Hoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Proposed Front

Front

Left

Rear

Right

Just repotted. Was badly rootbound. Has suffered a bit of leaf drop as expected.
I'll be covering the soil with some moss. Hopefully further reduce root ball in a year or two, see how the tree responds this year. I know it sits up high in the pot, but that's fine for the time being.

Images I've found thus far.

Hoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum