Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Stan Kengai on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:13 pm

lennard wrote:
Stan Kengai wrote:

Stop trying to rationalize your selfishness, and conserve some of God's creations for others to enjoy and appreciate.

I am very glad to see that there are still people in the world walking where they want to go and not making use of any transport relying on fossil fuel burning.

........the definition of ethics stands on it's own - don't try and fit it to something if you are guilty off another!

Lennard

The assertion that I'm professing a double standard because I use petroleum is ridiculous. Of course I use fossil fuels and electricity generated by coal and nuclear energy. It's a fact of modern life, and you can't have a job without them. The difference comes in the way you choose to use those things. The stereotype of the wasteful American would tell you that I drive a Cadillac Escalade (the epitome of American gas-guzzling sports utility vehicles), and my family of 3 lives in a 3000 square foot (280 square meter) house. And that would be wrong because I CHOSE to CONSERVE. I live in a 1300 square foot house, and I drive a 14 year old American-made sedan that get over 30 miles per gallon. I also participate in state reforestation projects and local trash clean up events. And all of these things make me happy because I know that I'm doing my part to make the place I live in better (for everyone).

You keep digging your Cadillac Escalade yamadori, and I'll stick with my 14 year old sedan bonsai material that I get from yards and nurseries.

Stan Kengai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Hans van Meer. on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 am

Wow! Who would have figured?! A open witch hunt and bashing on several post for being a Bonsai artist on a Bonsai forum?! Name calling, insults, being compared with criminals! Even the moderators posey jumps in! So the general consensus on this (Bonsai) forum is that I actually should be deeply a shamed for doing my... well Bonsai?! And they wonder why no body is helping any more or post useful stuff on this forum! I am out off here...I am going to rape some trees! Bizarre!
Click!

Hans van Meer.
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:Wow! Who would have figured?! A open witch hunt and bashing on several post for being a Bonsai artist on a Bonsai forum?! Name calling, insults, being compared with criminals! Even the moderators posey jumps in! So the general consensus on this (Bonsai) forum is that I actually should be deeply a shamed for doing my... well Bonsai?! And they wonder why no body is helping any more or post useful stuff on this forum! I am out off here...I am going to rape some trees! Bizarre!
Click!

You are right Hans! Lucky for some of you guys, You are just branded as criminals, you are still a very kind creatures of mother earth...For me I am on top of the name calling list...I was address as the DEVIL himself.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Did that name calling got some moderation on it? none.

I think we should stop this type of threads like this here. This is a bonsai forum, and not an environmental forum. This will not bring any good thing for IBC forum and would shove away the real bonsai people on this forum,,,because they (maybe we) are the ones who got the most number of old yamadoris. I think there are dozens of forum out there for hardcore environmentalists where this type of threads belong to. I am an environmentalist my self but, I find it not right to start threads like this here anymore, I learned my lessons in the past.

I posted the pictures above which are several years old to show that you can do things quietly without shouting them out to the world...but I was forced to do otherwise. because of the much insults this threads brings and several other running threads as well. Even Billy's simple sharing of how he bring a pot into the US were connected to the environmental issue (in the Bonsai question ),,can you believe that?

Can we get back to bonsai, or the show programming here is really changed?
Is posting of good yamadori here still allowed or If we did so, Are we expecting some policemen or people from the Gov't environmental watchdog to come knocking on our door?


regards,
jun Twisted Evil



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:20 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:Wow! Who would have figured?! A open witch hunt and bashing on several post for being a Bonsai artist on a Bonsai forum?! Name calling, insults, being compared with criminals! Even the moderators posey jumps in! So the general consensus on this (Bonsai) forum is that I actually should be deeply a shamed for doing my... well Bonsai?! And they wonder why no body is helping any more or post useful stuff on this forum! I am out off here...I am going to rape some trees! Bizarre!
Click!

yes, if you want to label it with a term that everyone understands. If you think you're a criminal according to above discussion, that must mean you either dig without permit, and/or go hunting in protected nature land. Then, yes, if we're talking about land that is of high ecologicial/nature value (that is rather a scientific definition, I mean). And furthermore, in my opinion, the fact that there can be obtained a permit, does not mean we are all free from any further ethics. It has been further explained in many replies above.

I'm also just human, everybody makes mistakes once in a while, but if you dont learn along the way, we're fools.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 am

jun wrote: I think we should stop this type of threads like this here. This is a bonsai forum, and not an environmental forum. This will not bring any good thing for IBC forum

you like being a devil, let others also play the devil. I'm happy i didnt start this topic, but can pick in Smile

a bonsai forum yes, but many just love to talk about yamadori's (the golden bonsai), so every once in a while inevitably topics will be started, or replies will come. Offcourse this needs to be addressed, more than that, i am shocked (Very Happy) Evil or Very Mad you think these environmental issues dont relate to bonsai (yamadori).

i'll keep reading interesting topics like this, i'm not offended nor put off by em

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 am

lennard wrote:
Stan Kengai wrote:

Stop trying to rationalize your selfishness, and conserve some of God's creations for others to enjoy and appreciate.

I am very glad to see that there are still people in the world walking where they want to go and not making use of any transport relying on fossil fuel burning.

........the definition of ethics stands on it's own - don't try and fit it to something if you are guilty off another!

Lennard

I bet, the minute the industry will finally start produce more hybrid cars (technology they have for more than a decade), the replyer will buy one, so will I. Till then, the oil industry rules. You can hardly call the man guilty Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  leatherback on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 am

yves71277 wrote:
I bet, the minute the industry will finally start produce more hybrid cars (technology they have for more than a decade), the replyer will buy one, so will I. Till then, the oil industry rules.

Even hybrid cars need energy te run. Guess where the electricity comes from.. Where I live coal power plants, gas powerplants etc.

leatherback
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

yves71277 wrote:
jun wrote: I think we should stop this type of threads like this here. This is a bonsai forum, and not an environmental forum. This will not bring any good thing for IBC forum

you like being a devil, let others also play the devil. I'm happy i didnt start this topic, but can pick in Smile

a bonsai forum yes, but many just love to talk about yamadori's (the golden bonsai), so every once in a while inevitably topics will be started, or replies will come. Offcourse this needs to be addressed, more than that, i am shocked (Very Happy) Evil or Very Mad you think these environmental issues dont relate to bonsai (yamadori).

i'll keep reading interesting topics like this, i'm not offended nor put off by em

The problem Yves in the first place is that it seems you did not understand the parlance "Devil's advocate" , you should read and used at least the wikipedia before you type something offensive. I think you are overstepping here by all your malicious accusations of other members of the forum ... And I am sure you are such a perfect angel giving us all the righteous argument with the environment.

If you are that righteous stop doing bonsai. this stuff is not for you, I think.


Mods,
please!
I think we have heard enough of this topic,,, this topic will soon be out of control.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm

leatherback wrote:
yves71277 wrote:
I bet, the minute the industry will finally start produce more hybrid cars (technology they have for more than a decade), the replyer will buy one, so will I. Till then, the oil industry rules.

Even hybrid cars need energy te run. Guess where the electricity comes from.. Where I live coal power plants, gas powerplants etc.

then not a hybrid, but H2 car then, thats in the pipeline... and in the long run, the industry that produces these cars will have to be powered by green energy too... as a semi-scientist, you know too that we cant close the circly anymore

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:58 pm

[quote="jun] The problem Yves in the first place is that it seems you did not understand the parlance "Devil's advocate" , you should read and used at least the wikipedia before you type something offensive. I think you are overstepping here by all your malicious accusations of other members of the forum ... And I am sure you are such a perfect angel giving us all the righteous argument with the environment.
If you are that righteous stop doing bonsai. this stuff is not for you, I think. [/quote]

you can/could also do like me, follow and read a topic, post like others do, without losing control :-). I dont do personal accusations, where you read that, is it your interpretation perhaps? Hans has his way of putting things, you have your way, I have mine. I also said i'm not offended, nor put off by these issues, regardless. I dont really want to talk about the devil anymore, i just see that pop up many times in many other replies Smile I'm really quite calm and at ease. I'm used to moral discussions and interpretations, even personal stuff.


Last edited by yves71277 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote and italic error)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  JimLewis on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, guys, we're both off topic and getting a bit personal and nasty here, so this topic is LOCKED.

_________________
Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Should we be posting photos of trees as we collect them in the wild?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:39 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum