Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow the Sun

4 posters

Go down

Follow the Sun Empty Follow the Sun

Post  Robert J. Baran Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Several teachers have recommended that we occasionally turn our potted trees by 1/4 on their stands so that they get fuller exposure to the rays of the sun -- and, by extension, air circulation -- in our back yards/home display areas. This first device would simplify that even more and the random patterns of display would be unique. http://www.universetoday.com/2009/08/28/future-designs-robotic-mars-greenhouse-teleporting-fridge/
Robert J. Baran
Robert J. Baran

Back to top Go down

Follow the Sun Empty Re: Follow the Sun

Post  bisjoe Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:00 pm

I have always done that for my indoor trees and those against a wall. I have a couple of young schefflera that I have turned less frequently to get some dramatic trunk movement simply by having them bend toward the light.
bisjoe
bisjoe

Back to top Go down

Follow the Sun Empty Follow the Sun

Post  bonsaisr Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:39 pm

Being in the higher latitudes, I find this is necessary even outdoors in the middle of the yard. Except for the last week in June, the sun is always at quite an angle.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:36 pm

I turn mine 180 degrees every 1 to 2 weeks. It's a good practice to get in the habit of doing.

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaisr Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 pm

NeilDellinger wrote:I turn mine 180 degrees every 1 to 2 weeks. It's a good practice to get in the habit of doing.
I would recommend 90° or random angles. You want to expose the sides, not just front & back.
Then there was the politician who changed his mind and made a 360° turn.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Thats funny Iris. Did he change his mind twice?

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down