A cheap little project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A cheap little project

Post  PeacefulAres on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 am

Sometimes I wander around a store like walmart, or home depot, looking for something that might end up being useful in the future. A couple weeks ago, I found something like that. I was in the garden department of Walmart and saw that they had leftover Christmas items on sale. After a few minutes, I came across these ornament containers.

Basically it's just a container with 20 smalls wells, and a plastic lid. I realized they'd probably make a decent seed starter, and they were sitting right next to the actual seed starters, which were 10 dollars extra.

All I did was drill a hole in the base of each well, and then a few in the lid. Then I filled each of them up with some fines, and planted a red maple seed(which I just picked up off of the road near my house lol) in all of them. Those are actually the little green sprouts you can see in the upper right hand corner. The lid has a greenhouse effect on the substrate, which becomes quite warm. I'm guessing that is probably why the seeds which were planted 5 days ago have already begun to grow.

I just thought I would share my little project with you guys, in case you came across something similar in the future.

Last edited by PeacefulAres on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PeacefulAres

Back to top Go down

Re: A cheap little project

Post  John Lee on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm

That is an excellent idea, I wish you had posted it earlier, I would have gotten some. Great idea, indeed!!

John Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 pm

thumbs up

AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  PeacefulAres on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:28 pm

John Lee wrote:That is an excellent idea, I wish you had posted it earlier, I would have gotten some. Great idea, indeed!!

Sorry. I bought them a couple of weeks ago, and was planting on putting some vegetable seeds in them. When I didn't get around to that, I put them maple seeds in them. Then last night, I realized that maybe I should show this to some people, and give them some ideas.

PeacefulAres

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum