Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advanced/progressions

3 posters

Go down

advanced/progressions Empty advanced/progressions

Post  marcus watts Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:59 pm

hi
Is it just me or do you think the Advanced /progression section has gone totally stale now there is a lack of ability to directly post new topics? I think i prefered it with a few incorrect topics sneaking in as at least it was an active section of the forum. While fully understanding why the choice was made the last few weeks have appeared very dead - I feel it would have been far better to allow all users to post in the area as usual, and just remove very poorly chosen threads if they get spotted. Now some very usefull topics and tutorials are getting lost in bonsai discussion - especially if it does not create lots of replies and therefore does not get spotted for moving over before it slides to pages further back.

I know the progression part of the title was causing the problems when topics were started before any progression had taken place and the tree was still new and unchanged, but the other point of the area was to have a resource of advanced techniques and useful methods available in one place for quick referal - this part of the area has now fizzled out i feel as no one can add a topic anymore

cheers for reading, any other views?

Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

advanced/progressions Empty Re: advanced/progressions

Post  fiona Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 am

With respect, the fact is that a lot of time was being spent in moving misplaced stuff out of Progressions. This was not just things that weren't really progressions but also things that should have been in places like the personal introductions and questions sections. I've also had to move things like requests for information on how to post pictures. Please be assured that if people post what we see as good progressions in Discussion they will be moved, as will things worthy of going to advanced techniques and tutorials - indeed one such tutorial has just been moved to that latter section. We simply felt that the best way to assure the quality of both the Top Threads/Tutorials and the Progressions/Advanced Techniques forums was to do the moving upwards.

fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:47 pm

It also, is the season. Nothing (or not much) is being done at this time of year -- despite the warm winter we've had (so far) in parts of the USA.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:30 pm

i dont mind such things.
enthousiasts who have something to say, show, explain, or who want to see others explain, show, say...will always find a way to find what they are looking for. its not the little rules

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum