Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you.

+3
abcd
Mitch Thomas
Bob Pressler
7 posters

Go down

Does this pot and tree combination work for you

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Vote11027%Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Vote310 27% 
[ 9 ]
Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Vote11073%Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Vote310 73% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 33

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Empty Does this pot and tree cobination work for you.

Post  Bob Pressler Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 am

I'd like to know what people think about this paring of pot and tree. Thanks. Happy New Year to all.
Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. File-155
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Empty Re: Does this pot and tree cobination work for you.

Post  Mitch Thomas Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 am

Bob
Happy new year!
I love the tree and the pot is awesome! But together not so much. The pot is a great color but for me its more of semi cascade style tree. I think a pot of the same color and patina in a oval shape about the same depth of the trunk diameter , it needs to be as wide as the canopy, would be just right. IMHO there are many more here with more experence that probably will tell you different.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Empty virtual pot

Post  abcd Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:41 am

[img]Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Tree110[/img]
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Empty Re: Does this pot and tree cobination work for you.

Post  Bob Pressler Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:05 pm

abcd wrote:[img]Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Tree110[/img]

If I had this pot I would probably use it. Thanks for the virt.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Empty Pot

Post  Mitch Thomas Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Hell yes if had it I'd use it too! I have a camellia that would be perfect for it! Abcd where did you find it?

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:06 pm

It's a virtual of the original pot. Smile
The more I look at it though the less I like it. The tree doesn't seem stable to me in it.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 pm

[quote="Bob Pressler"]It's a virtual of the original pot. Smile
The more I look at it though the less I like it. The tree doesn't seem stable to me in it.
Hello,
Maybe another try??
Sunip Wink
[/quoteDoes this pot and tree cobination work for you. Untitl20

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkd2572 Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 pm

I love the last virt.

Jkd2572

Back to top Go down

Post  rdennis Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Bob,
When I first saw this tree in this pot, I really liked it. The tree and the pot are both very nice. After reading comments here and elsewhere, I have decided I would prefer a different color and a more shallow pot. Knowing that you know far more than I do, I am hesitant to comment; but I think the color is too strong. This is a beautiful tree and the color is competing with the tree. I am attaching a color I would like better.

Does this pot and tree cobination work for you. Sara_r12

In no way am I being critical of the pairing but am saying I would prefer a color and shape/size that do not compete with a special tree.
rdennis
rdennis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

I think the round pot works well with Sunip's virtual of the reduced tree. For the tree as it currently is though, I think a shallow, wider oval would work better. Something relatively plain.
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 am

I wish I took better photos because the pot is much more subtle in person. The patina doesn't really show in the photo. The shallow pot with the tree reduced is better but I like it this way better.
I appreciate everyones input though. I'm going to live with it in this pot for a year or so and maybe I'll change my mind but I don't know from the first time I saw this tree I envisioned it in a pot like this.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down