Sad as ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sad as ever

Post  GašperG on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 pm

I am not sure if i am a person to make this post but i feel sooo,... so very sad.

Today we received a devastating news of an avalanche accident in Slovenian Alps, where a wife of one of our very founders of Slovenian Bonsai Club lost her life.

Ruth Podgornik Reš was one of those persons who was full of positive energy, always welcoming friends and visitors as a family.
She was the strongest person as i will ever meet (and admire) - an ultramarathon woman finished second in this year's jungle marathon among other achievements... she was also well known horticulturist in Slovenia with a GREAT passion for plants and love and understanding for her husband's love for bonsai...With so much will for life she could live forever.

Every time i walked in to their garden i always felt so very warm. And when everyone was too busy and there was no one else around i was greeted by their little doggy...he was with her in a backpack, survived, and the only one that knows where it all went wrong.

I want to express my deepest condolences to Rajko, their children, family and friends. I am so sorry. It happened so suddenly and so painfully.
Sad

GašperG

Back to top Go down

Re: Sad as ever

Post  John Quinn on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 am

Very sad news...condolences to family and friends.

John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 am

GašperG wrote:I am not sure if i am a person to make this post but i feel sooo,... so very sad.

Today we received a devastating news of an avalanche accident in Slovenian Alps, where a wife of one of our very founders of Slovenian Bonsai Club lost her life.

Ruth Podgornik Reš was one of those persons who was full of positive energy, always welcoming friends and visitors as a family.
She was the strongest person as i will ever meet (and admire) - an ultramarathon woman finished second in this year's jungle marathon among other achievements... she was also well known horticulturist in Slovenia with a GREAT passion for plants and love and understanding for her husband's love for bonsai...With so much will for life she could live forever.

Every time i walked in to their garden i always felt so very warm. And when everyone was too busy and there was no one else around i was greeted by their little doggy...he was with her in a backpack, survived, and the only one that knows where it all went wrong.

I want to express my deepest condolences to Rajko, their children, family and friends. I am so sorry. It happened so suddenly and so painfully.
Sad

That is so sad, I am lost for words. Their amazing garden was the first place that I visited together with my host and friend Thomaz on my first trip to Slovenia. Although I was still a bit queasy from the bad plain ride and while it was raining very hard, I was still blown away by their place and the amazing yamadori that Rajko showed me in his collection. Than he quickly took me inside and offered me a warm coffee and cakes and chocolate to recover some what, it was then when underneed the table I was welcomed by their very friendly and very wet little Jack Russel who wanted to be pet! Rajko and his little dog made me realy feel at home from the very start! Rajko enthusiastically told me about his marathon solo dogsled competitions and about the extreme sports that his wife Ruth did so very well! A few mounts later on my second trip to Slovenia I was lucky enough to spend a whole (barbecue) evening with all my new Slovenian friends, one off them was Rajko. I got to know him a little better that night and he was so funny and knew more bad jokes than me. What a loss, such a amazing woman, I feel so very sad for him and his children..and their little dog. I wish them all the strength in the world and hope that they can find some comfort in the fact that she lived live to the fullest. So sad!
My prayers go out to them.
Hans van Meer.

Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 am

Goodness! I am very sorry to hear that. My condolences to family and friends.

-Dorothy

dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 pm

That's very bad news for such special Christmas holiday time. Deepest condolences to family.

yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello Gasper,

Yes, this is the right place: sometimes life hits you so bad that you need to tell someone, because you can't do anything to change the course of events and it's too much to bear.

I'm sure evreyone here sympathises, we know that it's different for each one, not the same circumstances, and each loss of someone you love is unfortunately something that you can't get used to.

My condolences, and support each other. I hope you're believers, it probably don't lessen the pain, but maybe it can help get over better.

Soyez courageux, Bodite pogumni...

Alain

AlainK

Back to top Go down

Condoloances

Post  Mitch Thomas on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Gaspar
So sorry for your loss, My prayers are sent!

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum