Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did the farmer not receive his award....?

4 posters

Go down

Why did the farmer not receive his award....? Empty Why did the farmer not receive his award....?

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 am

He was left outstanding in his field! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I finished a few stands. The big one I just finished.
Its 28 inches across and 21 front to back by 7 inches tall. The wood is black walnut with ebony veneer center panel. Hasn't had a tree on it yet! Surprised

Why did the farmer not receive his award....? Wide_s10

Corner detail showing the pesky double miter joint. Internal to the joint is a shelf and mortise and tenon - only one way to make it - by hand. The bead is also hand carved and requires removing the wood above the bead.

Why did the farmer not receive his award....? Wide_s11

This one was finished a couple of months ago but I don't believe I posted a photo of it. Its a cascade stand about 9 inches tall. I forgot the side measurements. Also Black Walnut with mahogany top.

Why did the farmer not receive his award....? Tall_s10
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Why did the farmer not receive his award....? Empty RE: Why did the farmer not receive his award.......

Post  Geof Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:24 am

Hi Rob,
Nice stands! I will have to post some of the ones I have made to show to you.
Keep up the good work,
Geof

Last edited by Geof on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Geof
Geof

Back to top Go down

Why did the farmer not receive his award....? Empty Re: Why did the farmer not receive his award....?

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:35 am

Lovely stands Rob. Having seen Doug Mudd's demonstration pieces, at the Best Of British show this year, to illustrate how the corner joints are made, work like yours and his becomes all the more impressive. Love that carved bead.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why did the farmer not receive his award....? Empty Re: Why did the farmer not receive his award....?

Post  Rob Addonizio Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 am

Very nice work Rob Cool

Nice craftsmanship and color. Reminds me of a thought I had a couple of years ago, that if I couldn't work with clay I would work with wood!!!

Looking forward to seeing one in person someday...

Rob
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Geof wrote:Hi Rob,
Nice stands! I will have to post some of the ones I have made to show to you.
Keep up the good work,
Geof

Thanks Geof, let's see yours.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down