Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isogata-Ishi

3 posters

Go down

Isogata-Ishi Empty Isogata-Ishi

Post  Milan Kulhavy Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Hello, here is my next suiseki - rocky coast. Dimensions of 17x10x5 cm.Instead of finding-river Kamenice, Czech Republic. Dai made ​​out of maple wood.
http://www.bonsai-kai.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1037

Greetings. Milan.

Milan Kulhavy

Back to top Go down

Isogata-Ishi Empty Re: Isogata-Ishi

Post  Chris Cochrane Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 pm

An isogata-ishi "shore-shape stone" might be flat (hiraiso) & smooth in contour representing a sandbar or quiet beach. It might be sharp & craggy representing an eroded, rocky (araiso) reef or shoal. Either would be most accessible to view at low-tide. This stone is not my idea of an isogata-ishi.

Perhaps, it could be called an iwagata-ishi-- a "massive or coastal rock" in shape. I prefer English over Japanese to describe suiseki shapes on IBC, but appreciate the need to recognize Japanese categories which include diverse stones. Is there a reason you chose the "shore-shape stone"/isogata-ishi, Milan?

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Harria Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Iam pleased to read you, Mr Cochrane and Iam pleased to be agree with you, I was wondering about my knowledge... Thanks. A 4 legsed animal witch make ouah ouah is not a cat... Wink
Harria
Harria

Back to top Go down

Post  Milan Kulhavy Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Chris,
I apologize for the mistake, of course I meant Iwagata-ishi.

Milan Kulhavy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down