Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style

+24
augustine
Todd Ellis
fiona
Nunovsky_PT
sunip
Andre Beaurain
Andrew Campbell
cram
bonsaisr
mambo
abcd
Emmy40
Andrew Legg
giomach
Vance Wood
appalachianOwl
marcus watts
AlainK
vev
GašperG
-keith-
davids
DangerousBry
law
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 am

mambo wrote:I guess the branch that covers the trunk has been placed there because the trunk section it covers is straight? Personally, I think it covers too much of the trunk and abcd's virtual does the tree much more justice.

The branch on the left also looks "wrong" and if possible would be better placed towards the rear.

The tree is still very wo dimensional and needs some depth.

Finally, I don't think that the pot really suits the tree very well....

Just my thoughts

I also think the branch going down in front of the trunk needs to follow abcd virtual, but still a very nice tree indeed.

Love and light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style

Post  sunip Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Hello,
The trunk allows an even stronger contra movement then shown in Vevs drawing.
A dramatic surviving of the elements, hiding in its own trunk trying to contemplate growth.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  appalachianOwl Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:04 pm

[quote] Sorry, it was raining and I hurried. I took only this face ... Another time! ;-)
Especially since the angle of the picture is maybe not quite the right...

Another photo taken during labor on another angle. Volumes are perhaps more readable?
[quote]

thank you much Emmy, captured more volume for sure. when/if you have the time/opportunity in future sure others would enjoy it's "other" faces also. very appreciative for quick response, thanks again! Have to agree with ya sunip as well, very intersting story this one is telling!
appalachianOwl
appalachianOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Nunovsky_PT Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi! This pine reminds me of this larix from Oscar Roncari.

Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 Jardin35

Nunovsky_PT

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello,

I haven't visited this forum for a while but:

1/ I find this tree beautiful, but I wouldn't leave so much foliage on the lower front part. But this is not my tree, and I still like it a lot as it is.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Okay folks, I've tidied this thread up and got rid of the non-tree related posts. Apologies to those whose posts were removed even though all they were doing was trying to smooth things over,but I thought it best to take it right back to posts about the actual tree. However, before we return to talking about the tree, can I humbly make a couple of points:

First, as usual can I remind people just to apply a little common sense and consideration in what is posted. Most members do adopt that approach but quite clearly things can go wrong very quickly. And the biggest shame is where that happens when the original poster has made a genuine error in usage of a term with absolutely no intention to offend.

Second, a number of people posted their dismay in the original version of the thread that the Moderators had not stepped in before now. Given that we are often accused of jumping in too quickly, I think you can safely assume that if we have not intervened, it is probably because we have not seen the thread rather than us not feeling it necessary or worse, not caring. I myself was away on holiday and have not been able to access IBC in that time. With the best will in the world, we cannot keep up with every thread so it would be helpful if rather than write on the actual thread, that you drop us a PM where a thread looks like it is going seriously wrong like this one did. Give it time to sort itself out as many threads do, but if you think we haven't seen it and it's heading for disaster, then please let us know.

Thanks
Fiona (Moderator)

Now, about that tree.....
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:32 am

Nunovsky_PT wrote:Hi! This pine reminds me of this larix from Oscar Roncari.

Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 Jardin35

Just happened to read Fiona's PM, looked for this thread, then found this photo of this Larch. I am stunned by its beauty! WOW!!!!! Very moved here in Virgina! Did I say WOW?
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  law Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Oh course i've hurted any japaneese people i apologise to them."Jap" was just a simple contraction to me, nothing else and very far to be insulting in my opinion.

So, know that the tittle have been changed, that my post have been mooved once again in "bonsai progression" like all my works (what is very strange because it seem that my trees should be in there right palce in "bonsai discussion") and that i ve really interagrated that i've to change the pot, moove the bottom branch and at the end change completely my skill and my still to please most of people wich openess is not to demonstrate... Laughing

Maybe we can continue to follow this work without changing anything that have been done with heart.

Or maybe not, time will tell, as always. Bagpiper
Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 310[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/14712944/1230]Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 410[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/14712944/1231]Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 510[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/14712944/1232]Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 610[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/14712944/1233]Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 710
law
law

Back to top Go down

Post  augustine Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 am

Law,

Once again you've posted a beautiful tree and once again started controversy. I love your tree and the foliage is especially lovely.

Keep creating, thank you.

Augustine
central MD 7a

augustine

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Beautiful tree.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  giga Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Reminds me of the moon love it!
giga
giga

Back to top Go down

Post  law Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:52 pm

law
law

dprm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MrFancyPlants Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:31 am

It's funny how a slight change in angle can make such an impact on the photgraphed representation. I would say that you found a new front, but I would think that in person the front is just fine where it is. I enjoy the impression of modesty, like the tree is trying to hide or cover itself up. The viewer would be drawn in to look around the foiliage for a peep show.
MrFancyPlants
MrFancyPlants

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 pm

MrFancyPlants wrote:It's funny how a slight change in angle can make such an impact on the photgraphed representation.  I would say that you found a new front, but I would think that in person the front is just fine where it is.  I enjoy the impression of modesty, like the tree is trying to hide or cover itself up.  The viewer would be drawn in to look around the foiliage for a peep show.
Very good analogy, the tree is like a peep show.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  law Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:15 pm

One more season.Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 10363510
law
law

dprm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  law Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:19 pm

It's funny to see that some people have the right to cross the trunk with branches. But some people only. kingPinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 10352910

Last edited by law on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
law
law

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Very nice tree.

I prefer the back as front...probably even more if it get some shari also. Probably because the lowest branch is on the back from this side?

Pinus uncinata in a classic Japanese style  - Page 2 610
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Better and better Cool
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Swiech Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:16 pm

I like the tree. It reminds me of a mountain tree on a mountain. I also like it's gnarlyness. It will be a different tree in another couple of years.

Sweet tree.
Gary Swiech
Gary Swiech

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:12 pm

I like everything about this tree. I especially like the way you have twisted the branches in on themselves in order to shorten them. I know it is contrived but it looks natural and nature made.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  law Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Sold
law
law

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next