Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to enjoy my tropicals

4 posters

Go down

Time to enjoy my tropicals Empty Time to enjoy my tropicals

Post  Hank Miller Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Winter has finally begun in western New York. The first snow has fallen. My tropicals with their lush summer growth have all been moved back into my greenhouse and my indigenous trees are in their winter storage area. Now I have more time to work on my tropicals and to enjoy them. Here are a few figs that I am pleased with.The first two are Ficus burtt-dayvi - the last are Ficus natalensis. Enjoy. Hank

Time to enjoy my tropicals Bd060212

Time to enjoy my tropicals Jane2310

Time to enjoy my tropicals Fn263210

Time to enjoy my tropicals 243910

Last edited by Hank Miller on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

Time to enjoy my tropicals Empty Re: Time to enjoy my tropicals

Post  BigDave Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Very Very nice Hank Miller, you should be proud.

Talk about the first pot, the cascade, know the maker ?

Love the line and simplicity and integral foot

it is now in my noggin for future use !
BigDave
BigDave

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Hank

Your name was mentioned by a couple of us recently when Iris asked about sourcing Acacia.

I have truly enjoyed the Acacia group I purchased from you this past summer and (as it's indoors now) it's a great treat to have a tropical forest arrangement to enjoy along with my other specimen tropicals for the rest of the winter. It held on to about two thirds of its leaves which was much better then I expected. i have it in a 5x8 foot south window.

Best
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Meislik Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Hank,
Always great to see your trees and keep up with your designs.
Keep up the great work.
Jerry
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Post  Hank Miller Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I am pleassed that you enjoy the trees. Big Dave: The cascade pot is an imported Japanese pot which I purchased a number of years ago. Jay: I am really happy that the acacia forest has done well. They are really nice to display throughout the year. I am not sure what causes the early leaf drop. Below is one of my acacia burkei that at present has not lost much foliage while a number of my other acacias have completely lost all of their foliage. All of the trees are in roughly the same area and are watered every few days.

Time to enjoy my tropicals Acb26610
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Hank

Thats just about where mine is now as well with about the top third of the foliage gone yet still surprisingly full of green. Perhaps A. burkei has a tendency to hang on to a few more leaves then their cousins. I remember your mentioning the leaf drop as an opportunity to reveal the branch work throughout winter. Indeed I have been able to do some adjustment pruning due to finally being able to see the trees.

Here is the A. Burkei group this morning, and thank you again for bringing this up to Rochester especially for me.
Time to enjoy my tropicals Img_5010
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hank Miller Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Jay It is really nice to see the grouping again. I am reall happy you posted an image. The grouping obviously has done well this summer. With a little pruning and wiring it should really be in great shape come next spring. I hope you have a supply of band-aids, if not, buy some you will need them when you begin to work on the trees.

My comments before were for both A burkei as well as A galpinii In both cases presently I have trees with partial to full leaf drop. Hank
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down