Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trees made from chinese layering.....

Go down

Trees made from chinese layering..... Empty Trees made from chinese layering.....

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 am

Hi All

This little Ulmus glabra was layered in 1992. I took it ower in 2006, and restyled it. Now it need to be sharpened up, and was this summer placed in a pot, a little to big, for more growth ( I just cut it back).
Trees made from chinese layering..... Img_1416
The tree is standing 13.5 cm tall.

This acer campestre is from next year considered a "finished" shohin. It has been 5 years on its way.
Now standing 9.5 cm tall.
Trees made from chinese layering..... Img_1417

Hope you like them Smile Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Trees made from chinese layering..... Empty Re: Trees made from chinese layering.....

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Yvonne,

I like!
Now what is Chinese layering ?
Thanks in advance.
Khaimraj

* Interesting pot in picture 1, is it ochre yellow or a brighter yellow ?
A glaze or body coloured as yellow ?
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Trees made from chinese layering..... Empty Re: Trees made from chinese layering.....

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Khaimraj

I guess chinese layering is the name I learned years ago.....here on IBC is it just called layering. You know remove bark in a branch on a tree, moss arround and wrap in plastic.
The pot is glazed, quit bright yellow ( looking forward to the patina, hoping it will dull the color a little).....the color is very much the rigt on the photo.... the other pot miss out all the gentle warmth it has in the real life.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down