Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My firs "show" .... Ficus Nerifolia

+4
KennedyMarx
dorothy7774
Khaimraj Seepersad
efishn
8 posters

Go down

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia Empty My firs "show" .... Ficus Nerifolia

Post  efishn Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi all,

I bought this shohin few months ago, with other trees from a nice nursery that specializing with few species for bonsai.
If this one not making any "impression" on you, it's ok, we can understand that .... Sad

Have a nice day

Efi

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia O_1_y10

efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia Empty Re: My firs "show" .... Ficus Nerifolia

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Looks heathy so far Efi, thumbs up

and that's a good step in your 3 to 5 years of mastering the Horticultural part of Bonsai, unless you have been growing plants for a while.

How about 30 to 300 more efforts to show you mastering the techniques of pruning, wiring, clip and grow or other.
Thanks for showing, please keep showing and....................
Stay well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia Empty Impression

Post  dorothy7774 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

efishn wrote:Hi all,

I bought this shohin few months ago, with other trees from a nice nursery that specializing with few species for bonsai.
If this one not making any "impression" on you, it's ok, we can understand that .... Sad

Have a nice day

Efi

I had to really think about what you said, the "making any "impression" " part. The tree is certainly not a showstopper - not as of yet. However, the fact that you went out to a nursery, that you chose a tree to nurture and to take care of, that you then took the time to photograph it and post it here, that does indeed impress me. Bonsai is all about the material and nothing about the material. The fact that bonsai makes people happy, satisfied and proud when they work on their trees and see results will prevail against any question of quality or impressiveness of the material itself at that time. It's a concept of happiness and kindness extended to other bonsaists.

Yes, I am impressed! Very Happy

Best,
Dorothy

dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia Empty Re: My firs "show" .... Ficus Nerifolia

Post  efishn Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:18 pm

dorothy7774 wrote:Yes, I am impressed! Best,Dorothy

Thanks Dorothy!! that was really NICE.

Regards,

Khaimraj - I love u2.

Efi
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

Post  KennedyMarx Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

I like your tree. I think it has a lot of potential to become a great looking banyan style bonsai. You've already got most of the branch structure for it, just need some more time and refinement.
KennedyMarx
KennedyMarx

Back to top Go down

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia Empty My First Show - Ficus salicaria

Post  bonsaisr Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm

What do they call it in Hebrew?
First of all, you need to keep pinching it back so all the leaves are not at the ends of the branches. Also, you need to thin out the top part a little so the birds can fly through.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  ironhorse Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Second what Dorothy said (so well!)

Dave

ironhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  efishn Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:37 am

bonsaisr wrote:What do they call it in Hebrew?

Hi Iris,

There is not a specific name in Heb , just "ficus nerifolia" - sorry ..... Smile
thank u for your advice, I'll do it.

Efi
efishn
efishn

Back to top Go down

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia Empty My First Show - Ficus salicaria

Post  bonsaisr Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 pm

The name is Ficus salicaria.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  depiques2ry Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 am

dorothy7774 wrote:
efishn wrote:Hi all,

Have a nice day

Efi

I had to really think about what you said, the "making any "impression" " part. The tree is certainly not a showstopper - not as of yet. However, the fact that you went out to a nursery, that you chose a tree to nurture and to take care of, that you then took the time to photograph it and post it here, that does indeed impress me. Bonsai is all about the material and nothing about the material. The fact that bonsai makes people happy, satisfied and proud when they work on their trees and see results will prevail against any question of quality or impressiveness of the material itself at that time. It's a concept of happiness and kindness extended to other bonsaists.

Yes, I am impressed! Very Happy

Best,
Dorothy

I have to agree. . we bought/buy our materials according to our preferences, the mere fact that you spent something for it is already impressive. and i love how your tree looks like, its so cool. cant wait for it to be groomed!! i just dont know why mine doesn't look that good. Sad

i have a bad taste in choosing. but i will still learn someday.

- just started bonsai
- Stephen
depiques2ry
depiques2ry

Back to top Go down

My firs "show" ....  Ficus Nerifolia Empty my first show ficus nerifola

Post  moyogijohn Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm

I thin..k you picked a goood tree to start with ! I Like the base and trunk.. pleanty of branches also. I would pick one good branch for a apex,,leader,, use what i could for back branches ..that will open up the top like Mrs. Iris said.. nice treee take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down