Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased?

+3
JimLewis
Levi
GarlR
7 posters

Go down

Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased? Empty Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased?

Post  GarlR Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 am

It looks as if the leaves are brown. I'm considering buying it for $140.

Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased? Willowleafficus

GarlR

Back to top Go down

Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased? Empty Re: Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased?

Post  Levi Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:36 am

Hard to say for sure, but I doubt it has any disease or is dying... They are great trees for a beginner and are very forgiving, but when you introduce them into a new atmosphere they often will turn yellow and do a leaf drop. But it won't be long before they burst back out in green leaves.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased? Empty Re: Is this Shohin Willow Leaf Ficus Dying or Diseased?

Post  JimLewis Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm

If the leaves are brown, don't buy it! NEVER buy anything that isn't 100% healthy -- especially when you have so little experience with trees or plants.

JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  gope Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Better, close up pictures may help. From this picture I don't think there is something wrong with the tree (except the price Shocked ). It looks like a new growth for me, usually very reddish-brown looking on Salicaria, Nerifolia, Salicifolia etc etc etc.

Cheers

Marcin

gope

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 am

Looks like new growth to me. Who is the seller?

Price seems a bit steep.
-Jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  -keith- Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:16 am

id second that "steep pice" qoute its in a cheapo 2$ chinese pot and has no branch developement 50$ in my opinion at best
-keith-
-keith-

Back to top Go down

Post  whisper38 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:19 am

just a quick question to you on the tree,is this from a big box store or wally world,just looking at your picture,it appears that it has the trademarked glued in gravel.
whisper38
whisper38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down