Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS

+6
Khaimraj Seepersad
Andrew Legg
Robert Steven
rps
smokeyjoe
GarlR
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS

Post  GarlR Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Also I called Wigert's. The lady was extremely helpful. She has some Fukien Teas, but she suggested that I go with a Ficus (I will only do indoors) and she said it will be difficult to do the FT indoors. She is going to photograph different ficus' for me and e-mail them to me today. WOW! Talk about customer service.

Hopefully I'll have one ordered today. Smile I will attempt to post the pictures to possibility getting helped to pick one out.

Last edited by GarlR on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarlR

Back to top Go down

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

GarlR,

ficus is the training plant Smile

If you meant to say - "I will only do indoors", I sent you extra information privately.
Try to read before anymore purchasing.
Best of luck.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 pm

If you're willing to do the 2 hour drive you have a great resource in Charlotte NC in The Bonsai Learning Center. I can HIGHLY recommend Wigerts. Andrea and Erik are AWESOME. They'll send you photos of the exact tree and they have a lot of them. They may not be willing to ship now. Too cold.

Good luck
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  GarlR Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Sam Ogranaja wrote:If you're willing to do the 2 hour drive you have a great resource in Charlotte NC in The Bonsai Learning Center. I can HIGHLY recommend Wigerts. Andrea and Erik are AWESOME. They'll send you photos of the exact tree and they have a lot of them. They may not be willing to ship now. Too cold.

Good luck
Sam

I must of spoke with Andrea? They are going on vacation next week. However, they can ship today or Saturday. See my prior post about her taking some photos for me. Smile

GarlR

Back to top Go down

Post  GarlR Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:55 am

Ok this is what I can buy.

This photo below is: Ficus Retusa Shohin $200

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Ficusretucusshohin

This photo below is: Left is Green Island $100, and Right is Import Retusa $150

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Leftgreenislandrightimp

This photo below is: Right is Ficus over rock, Left is Crater Fig Both $100

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Leftcraterfigrightficus

GarlR

Back to top Go down

Post  GarlR Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 am

I am also looking at: Willow Leaf Ficus Shohin $140

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Willowleafficus

Please Look at Page 2 for pictures of the Ficus' I am considering as well.

Last edited by GarlR on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional thought)

GarlR

Back to top Go down

Post  rps Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:48 am

Personally, I've got a soft spot for willow leafs ficus salicaria --- but, at risk of sounding cliched, the important thing is which one(s) do you like?

With your eye set on ficus, permit me to recommend Jerry Meislik's book (Ficus: the Exotic Bonsai). It is a great resource for any ficus grower, treating thoroughly of the species' basics as well as some more advanced techniques --- all in an engaging and accessible style.
The book is available many places on line, including (I believe) amazon.
In any case, have a peek around Jerry's website where you'll find many instructive tidbits.
http://www.bonsaihunk.us/ficusforum/FicusForum.html

rps
rps

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:49 am

General Response,

with ficus, follow the Chinese, roots and trunk, less on the foliage.

Ficus is easy to learn on, but they very quickly outgrow designs based on foliage.

Once again, slow down please.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm

And there is no need to scatter your questions, etc. all over the forum. Choose one place and ask them there. Many thanks.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm

JimLewis wrote:

And there is no need to scatter your questions, etc. all over the forum. Choose one place and ask them there. Many thanks.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Robert Steven wrote:Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 212

Joshua Roth has perfect tools sets for beginners...

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Ryuga_10

Best Place To Buy Bonsai - And TOOLS - Page 2 Ct-set11

...and for non beginners, I have replaced all my tools with this. Cheaper but quality is the same.

I just wonder why I haven't got a nice leather casing???? Razz Razz Razz I'll probably ask for Santa santa for a nice set of carving tools too. Right Robert? hehehe

Seriously this are nice and reliable tools.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:19 pm

This is getting too confusing as GarlR seems to have a similar thread elsewhere and we are getting considerable duplication of information.

I am closing this one off now - could people maybe put their comments on trees on to his other thread HERE.

There are plenty tool threads you could read, GarlR: use the google search facility on the Home page and you will find them.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2